Chapter 7 - Bets

"I think I'm going to break things off with Ivan," Cash announced during the group catch up the next day. Oliver had dropped Will off at Emmie's house again – no fight in the car this time – with a few pizzas in hand as an apology for being a little late. Ok, a lot late, but Will blamed Oliver, who had sweet-talked him into watching all of Freaks and Geeks on Netflix.

"We're you two even together?" Emmie asked with a mouthful of pizza. Kimi crinkled her nose in disgust, swatting Emmie's arm but the blonde just rolled her eyes.

"Sort of, I didn't want to label anything and now, I don't know, I just don't feel right about it, I guess," Cash replied, questioning herself about this. Ivan had been a very nice and patient guy to her, but she just did feel it was going to go anywhere further. "I just think I should just end it here and stop..." she began to explain, pausing to think of the right word.

"Stringing him along?" Liv filled in.

Cash grimaced at the phrase. It made her look bad. In her mind anyway. To string anyone along was never a positive thing. But that had been what she was doing though, so Liv was annoyingly right. "Yeah, I guess," she sighed.

"Ah well, Cash, at least you're doing the right thing now," Will reassured her, to which she nodded with a small smile.

"So, any other news of the dating front for any of you guys?" Cash asked, wanting to move on from the Ivan topic now. She'd deal with that later.

"Nope, single," Kimi chimed in, with Emmie echoing her. Liv was still dating Tyler.

All the girls turned their attention to the last one left, waiting for his response. Will just sat completely still, debating in his head what he should do. It was obviously the right time to tell them about Oliver, a perfect time actually, but sitting there, he had a niggling thought of doubt. He knew they'd at least accept him dating Oliver, more than likely be happy for him, but what would they really be thinking?

Too soon to date someone else? Moving on to Oliver, of all people? Why choose Oliver when Ryan was obviously so much more better for you?

Or was he just being crazy?

Most likely, now that he thought about it. Sure, Kimi and Emmie liked him being with Ryan rather than Oliver, but Will knew they'd be happy and support him if he chose to be with Oliver. He was just being crazy, though that wasn't any different to usual. He thought he'd let those nagging thoughts go. He thought he truly didn't care what others thought of him and Oliver being together. But now it seems that he hasn't, and man, he was getting annoyed at himself.

Pull your shit together, Will, he thought to himself. The girls already know that there's something going on between you and Ol, so just bloody tell them. Jesus Christ.

Even his inner voice was getting sick of his shit.

The girls just watched him, waiting for an answer and utterly confused by Will's silence.

"Oliver and I are officially together," Will finally said, and uneasy smile on his face as he waiting to see how the girls reacted.

"Oh yay!" Liv grinned, still a big Oliver fan, as she clapped her hands in joy. Will grinned back, happy to see such a positive response.

Kimi just smiled at him and said, "Aww, that's so great."

"Finally!" Cash yelled before turning to Emmie and saying, "Pay up!" Emmie groaned as she reached for her purse that sat on the coffee table and fished out a 10, giving it to the other blonde. Cash smirked at her, snatching the bill out of her hand before poking her tongue out. "Told ya so," she said.