Chapter 8 - We're Bad People

A/N: Hey, I know it's been quite a while since the last update, sorry about that. But I'm back and should be posting regularly! Idk if people are still even reading or paying attention to this story anymore but I hope you like it :) xx

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"So, are you ready for today?" Will asked as they waited in traffic, common around here for the early morning. He had settled down mostly from his talk with the girls and was going into today with a calm and collected attitude, willing to go along with whatever way Oliver decided to go. He had been able to wrangle his selfish inner voice and subdue it, he didn't need that interfering with anything today.

"Uh, I think so," Oliver replied, a nervous lilt in his voice. To be honest, he was completely terrified. He'd been talking a big game for days, promising this and that to Will, how he'd proclaim his love for him from the rooftops and make everyone jealous of their relationship because they were so damn cute together. But reality had set in that morning as he stood in the shower, contemplating the day ahead. Now he wasn't so sure. 

He wasn't going to admit that though.

"You don't have to rush into anything, remember?" Will soothed the blonde, taking his boyfriend's spare hand and giving it a quick squeeze in comfort. "You can just leave it for another time, yeah?"

"No, no, no, I'm gonna do it. I'm definitely gonna do it. I said I would, so I will. I'm a man of my word, Will, so I'm gonna do it," Oliver blabbered, not sounding very convincing.

Will sighed, slightly annoyed. He really couldn't give two shits if Oliver told anyone today but the blonde had gotten it in his head that he had to, and nothing he could say would convince his boyfriend otherwise. To be honest, Will was more terrified of seeing Ryan, who he hadn't seen since the day he told him to get Oliver out of his system. He had been hopped up on pain meds then, but Will was sure that that probably wouldn't be the case today.

The two stayed silent in the car as the traffic crawled down the road before they could finally turn off into the school. "I'll see you later," Will said once Oliver parked the car, quick to try and get out as soon as possible.

"Why are you trying to get away so quick?" the blonde asked, reaching out and grabbing Will's arm to stop him leaving.

"No I'm not," Will retorted a bit too quickly, his boyfriend raising an eyebrow in confusion. "I-uh, I just gotta get to class, is all," he finished off lamely. Man, he was so transparent right now.

"What's the problem? Why are you angry at me?" Oliver questioned, seeing right his boyfriend's flimsy facade - not like it was that hard.

"Nothing, I have no issue with you," Will lied, not really feeling up for having this discussion, especially when class was about to start. But Oliver was persistent, repeating himself. Will, always the stubborn one however, just repeated himself in return.

The cycle went on and on until one of them finally cracked.

"Fine, alright," Will conceded. "I'm annoyed because you're the only one pushing for us coming out today, even though you're obviously not at all ready to. You're stressing yourself out. You're stressing me out. All for something that doesn't matter, a-"

"Doesn't matter? You don't think us being together matters?" the blonde cut in, interrupting Will.

"Let me finish," Will growled. "It doesn't matter if all the random people in school know or not. I don't give a shit about them. Honestly Oliver, the only person you should be telling about us today, if you really have to tell anyone, is Stacey. She's your best friend. She's the only one who deserves to know about us today," he continued to explain. "There really isn't any need to bloody rush. Just slow it down, Ol."