Chapter 15 - Pineapple Pizza

"Bro, I'm sorry, I didn't know it was that bad," Oliver sighed on the phone to Xavier one Friday night. It had been a couple weeks since Oliver's disastrous dinner with his father and things at home hadn't been gotten all that more better since. In fact, Oliver had spent most of the last fortnight hiding out at Will's, not wanting to slug through yet another tense dinner as his father pretended that he didn't exist. Luckily his mother was on his side, sticking up for him whenever his father tried to start anything.

"Yeah, the fighting really is getting worse and worse," Xavier groaned in reply. Unlike his brother, Xavier didn't have a partner to run away to and hide, having to deal constantly with hearing his parents fight over how they would 'deal' with this situation, as his father had mentioned several times. Conversion camps and military school were mentioned more times than Xavier liked, making him about as angry as his mother got whenever they were brought up.

Oliver sighed again, beating himself up inside for causing this entire mess with his family. "Stop that," he heard a gentle voice whisper next to him.

"Stop what?" the blonde asked, his eyebrows furrowing as he looked at his boyfriend who was snuggled up against him as they sat cozily on the couch.

"You're blaming yourself, don't do that," Will replied simply, raising his hand and smoothing out Oliver's wrinkled brow with his thumb. "Tell him he can come here," he offered, giving the blonde a reassuring smile.

"Are you sure?" Oliver asked, still aware of just how secretive Will was about where he lived, but his boyfriend just nodded with a slight shrug.

"You called me and you're not even listening to me," Xavier grumbled through the phone. "What're you guys talking about?"

Oliver glanced at Will one last time, giving him a look to ask if it was OK, but Will just rolled his eyes before grabbing the phone out of Oliver hand to talk to Xavier himself, telling him, "just come here, Xave, we can watch some movies and order some take out."

"Really?" Xavier asked, sounding a bit skeptical about it. "You don't have to."

"Of course, Xave, why wouldn't I?" Will said. "Now make your way over here and I'll invite the girls around, we'll make it like a slumber party or something." Xavier just laughed, telling him how lame that sounded but that he'd be over soon before hanging up.

"You really didn't have to do that," Oliver said, giving Will a small smile. His eyes scanned his boyfriend's face, taking it all in. He couldn't believe just how lucky he was to get a guy like Will. Someone so kind and caring, who loved him so much and would go to such great length for him. Oliver was glad he went through all that effort for him, because his guy was worth it all. "I love you," he whispered before leaning over to capture his boyfriend's lips with his.

"I love you too," Will smiled after they pulled apart shortly after, before throwing off the blanket that had been over them and jumping off the couch to turn and face Oliver. "Now c'mon, we have to clean a bit before everyone comes 'round," he announced, clapping his hands quickly to get his boyfriend moving.

"Yes sir!" Oliver laughed, pushing himself off the couch and heading to where he thought he remembered seeing the vacuum cleaner.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Nuh-uh," Kimi disagreed, shaking her head profusely as Xavier continued to insist that pineapple was good on pizza.

"But it's so good!" he said around a mouthful of pizza, looking at her as if she had gone crazy. All his friends agreed with him, finding the sweetness of the fruit married well with all the salty topping of a pizza. Being with Oliver and his friends was surreal as they all thought it was an abomination, Kimi feeling the most strongly about this.