2.03

Season 4 Episode 3

But by far the hardest thing you can give a patient is the truth

Melissa had just entered the hospital elevator with Cristina when she noticed the doors weren't closing behind them; instead, more people were coming

"Hey" Melissa heard recognizing it was Meredith. As Mel was about to respond another voice responded. 

" Hey" Derek responded. 

"How are you?" Meredith continued. Melissa was confused about why Mere was talking to McDreamy but at the moment it clicked in her mind as the elevator doors opened and the two doctors left. 

Melissa turned to Cristina who had the same face and realized that her friend had been lying to them. 

"She's doing McDreamy. She's doing McDreamy and lying about it." Cristina said. 

"She told me she was done it was a one-time thing. Why isn't she telling us?" Melissa continued

"She thinks I'm weak, that I'm fragile. Like I can't handle it 'cause of Burke." Cristina told the brunette. 

"I don't think she thinks your weak may be she isn't sleeping with him," Melissa said not believing her own words. 

"Sunshine, we both know she is doing McDreamy," Cristina said giving Mel a knowing look as they exited the elevator to begin their day.

~~~~~

Mel and Cristina had finally made it to the nurse's station with their interns. 

"I can't believe you still call them number Cristina," Mel said to her friend. 

Before Cristina could respond to Mel Meredith approached them. 

"Hey," Meredith said to her two friends. 

"Hey," Both the women said but only one said it in a sad voice. 

"You okay," Meredith said turning to face Cristina. 

"I don't know. I think it's all just hitting me...you know, stupid Burke dumping me and then stupid mama coming to reclaim her...magic necklace." Cristina said continuing her sad voice

 "Do you want to talk about it?" Meredith asked. 

 "No, not really, not... yet," Cristina said softly.

"Okay. Well, if there's anything I can do..." Meredith said.

Mel could not believe that Meredith was believing Cristina but at the same time, Cristina was doing a great job at acting.