2.06

Season 4 Episode 6 

There's this thing about being a surgeon

There's this thing about being a surgeon...maybe it's pride or maybe it's just about being tough...but true surgeon never admits they need help unless absolutely necessary.

"Mark have you seen my shoe, I need to leave Mer texted me 911," Mel said, " Wait never mind I found it." 

Before Mark could even say anything from the bathroom the girl was already out the door. 

"Bye," Mark said to the door the girl had just closed. 

~~~~~

When Melissa finally got home, she found her friends in Meredith's bed. 

"What happened," Mel said as she threw herself between her friends.

"What are your other symptoms?" Cristina said as she read from a textbook Mel remembered she had asked her about. 

"Okay, there's the father thing...the mother thing, the sister thing...mmm, the dying and coming back to life thing," Meredith explained

"You have too many things," Cristina said while Mel hit her in the arm. 

"It's not too many things Mer," Mel said trying to convince her friend.

"I can't sleep. I can't sleep without dreaming." Meredith explained to them.

"And the panic attacks." Cristina and Mel said in unison. 

"One. One panic attack." Meredith corrected them. 

"Okay, still," Cristina said. 

"What's wrong with me?" Meredith asked her friends.

"As far as I can tell, severe abandonment issues," Cristina stated. 

"The textbook agrees with her" Mel added.

"That's crap. Psych is crap. Issues?" Meredith said

"I mean, it's...it's in the book. The book said it, not me. Have you considered maybe you and Derek should...stop having breakup sex? Ok." Cristina said

"The more available he gets...the more I pull away," Meredith explained.

"What do you mean?" Mel asked. 

"Nothing. It's a Derek thing." Meredith said. 

~~~~~

Melissa had finally reached the hospital after the crazy morning she had. She was at the nurse's station assigning her interns what to do for the day. 

"Okay, guys so you guys can scavenge for surgeries but when I page come running. Also before you guys leave we will have a skills lab so we can practice your skills." Mel said as the interns looked at her in awe. 

The interns finally left and left Melissa once again alone to finally sign all the charts her intern had completed but was interrupted a second later by a voice. 

" Dr. Gordon? What's the first thing that comes to mind when I say the words "gentlemen's evening" "  The voice said as she looked up and noticed it was Mark accompanied by Derek. 

"What," Mel said with a confused face to the two attendings. 

"What do you believe a "gentleman's evenings" mean to you," Mark said.