2.07

Season 4 Episodes 9

But what we remember at the end of most days are the losses

But what we remember at the end of most days are the losses. What we lay awake at night replaying is, the pain we caused or failed to cure, the lives we ruined or failed to save.

Melissa was standing in the doorway of Cristina's room beside Meredith as Cristina danced up a storm in her room.

"You're both not dancing," Cristina said to her standing friends

"I'm too tense to dance," Meredith said.

"I don't even need to dance," Mel said which caused Cristina to raise an eyebrow knowing that was a lie.

"Which is why we're dancing," Cristina said.

"My problem is, I'm sleeping with a man who's dating. And I don't care if he dates Sydney. It's the woman he dates after Sydney, that's my problem. And if I had any sense at all, I would break up with the breakup sex. There would be no more breakup sexing. If I had any sense." Meredith said.

"Shut up! Dance it out." Cristina shouted at them.

Which caused Melissa to start dancing alongside her friends not caring about anything in the world.

"You know, I'm gonna tell him. I don't want him to see other people." Meredith explained to her friend.

"Good. Fine. Whatever." Cristina said as she continued to dance.

" Tell him Mer, he is going to understand," Mel said as she danced.

"I'm gonna tell him, and I feel good about it," Meredith said to her dancing friends

"Dancing makes you brave," Cristina said which caused Mel to laugh and nod in agreement.

All three women were in a bubble and unaware they were being watched by Izzie as she walked out of the bathroom.

~~~~~

Melissa was heading to the meeting that Sloan had set up with her interns.

"So I don't know what the meetings are about but if its something interesting I will assign you all to surgical cases," Mel informed her interns as they turned the hall to approach the room they were meeting in.

"Thank you, Dr. Gordon," All their interns said in unison.

They all entered the packed room where Sloan was ready to present the case.

"Okay, ladies and gentlemen, this is Nick Hanscomb." Sloan began.

"Hi," Nick said while looking around his room.

"Nick was lucky enough to have me remove a large carotid body tumor from his neck. The fact that I was able to get clean boundaries is pretty darn impressive, even for me." Mark said.