2.09

Season 4 Episode 12

We like to think that we are rational beings ...

But when things fall apart ... even just a little ... it becomes clear- we're no better than animals.

" I can't believe we have been basically living here for a week," Melissa said to Cristina and Meredith as they sped and walked down the lobby

"Move it! You're right we have" Meredith said as they trudged along the lobby.

As the trio walked down the lobby they saw Rose casually walking in with Derek. 

"She's wretched ... and mean," Cristina said having Melissa nod in agreement.

 "She's not," Meredith said truthfully.

"You know since I'm basically the neuro resident, I heard one of the nurses saying that they've only been on five dates while I have been on that service," Mel informed Meredith. 

 "Yeah, 'cause Derek knows she's wretched, and she's mean," Cristina said.

"Yeah." a voice said from behind them which caused Melissa to see Izzie who had been following them along with seeing George approaching the women. 

 "You guys, I know you're trying to make me feel better, but I have to tell you, this pausing to talk about Rose and Derek, it just means ..." Meredith said.

 "Yeah?" Cristina said.

"I'm gonna win," Meredith said while running away from the group.  

"You b¡tch!" Izzie said which caused Mel to start running behind Meredith causing Cristina and Izzie followed her but got tangled in George briefly. 

~~~~~

Melissa had finally been able to catch up with her friends in the ambulance bay with her friends after having to look after her charts and interns. 

"Who's winning?" Melissa heard as she approached her friends.

 "Yang is but Mel is right behind with just a point difference," Alex informed the group.

 "Surprised?" Cristina said as she high-fived Mel. 

 "What? Let me see." Izzie said as she hung over Alex's shoulder. "I'm 26 points behind? That's not possible." 

Alex walked away from her. Izzie only stood there dumbfounded.  

"Count again. What about all the surgeries?" Izzie demanded 

 "Only 3 points for watching," Melissa said

"You gotta do," Cristina said as they all heard an ambulance in the background.