Chapter 10

New York City was loud as ever. A part of Anya was glad to trade city life for a rural home in Norway. Coming in for missions or events that involved the Avengers worked out just fine in her book. Loud conversations, honks, sirens, you name it the noise was there. The Bifrost left the three in a construction zone not yet opened for the day.

Thor's outer clothing took on the illusion of worn blue jeans, a dark green shirt, and a faded jean-hoodie. He held a black umbrella in hand that may have looked a bit out of place since no one expected rain. However, it was the easiest way to hide Mjolnir in plain sight. Loki dressed in the exact opposite. It looked like the god was about to go to an important event or meeting. Black suit, black button-down top, black tie, and black leather shoes. And, of course, his hair had been smoothed back and combed into place. Anya, dressed in her Midgardian clothing with a leather jacket to hide her weapons out of sight, blended in just fine without having to use the Aether on herself.

Loki took them to a street corner. A sign that read Shady Acres Care Home had been bolted onto the outer brick surface. Though there was something very wrong with the whole picture. The care home currently sat in a pile of rubble. Workers yelled out orders to the backhoes and trucks that came to collect the remains and shovel it out. It may have once been a place for the elderly, but now sat as a reminder.

"I swear I left him right here," Loki stated.

"Right here on the sidewalk, or right there where the building is being demolished?" Thor questioned in an irritated manner. "Great planning."

"How was I supposed to know? I can't see into the future. I'm not a witch."

"No? Then why do you dress like one?"

"Hey," the god protested in a defensive manner.

"I still can't believe you're alive," Thor hissed. "I mourned you, I cried for you."

"I'm honored..." The tone of his voice didn't match the words.

Thor glared at his indifferent brother. He still didn't get it. Anya sighed, very tired of the second prince's antics. Maybe she'd find a way to make Volstagg's wish come true to leave Loki behind. Possibly have S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the god and deal with the matter.

"Ask him," a teenager whispered.

Just off to the right of the three, two fans had eyes on the blonde Asgardian. Their excitement and nerves clearly showed being in the presence of a member of the Avengers. The God of Thunder. It was adorable.

"Hi, would you mind taking a picture with us?" the friend asked rather hopefully.

"Oh, sure," Thor answered.

They squealed with glee. One pulled out a phone to capture the moment. Anya never minded the fanbase the prince had. He was a very prominent member of the team in the news and other tabloids. The same went for Steve and Tony. Bruce... unfortunately that was another matter entirely. But Clint, Natasha, and her always stayed out of it. Removed. The young woman was more than happy to have the spotlight off her. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. worked better that way. It made it impossible to be compromised on missions.

"Start figuring out where he is," Thor ordered Loki.

Very quickly, the sour expression on his face turned into a wide grin for his fans. He stood behind the girls to take a selfie and made a peace sign at the camera.

"It doesn't bother you that humans throw themselves at him like star struck fan girls?" Loki questioned.

"Why would it?" Anya asked back.