Chapter 15

"Wow!" the hologram of the Grandmaster reappeared in the middle of the stadium. "Look at all of you! What a show. What a night! Wasn't Arcane brilliant? Who's having fun?"

The crowd roared with cheers.

"Please, I'm your host. Big round of applause for all of our undercard contenders who today died so gruesomely. Good sport. What a show, what a night. This is what you've come for and so have I."

The contenders still alive and able to move approached the gaps in the underground holding area. All eyes were on the match about to start. To witness the fight between their newest member and the Grandmaster's champion.

"And now, without further ado, it's main event time. Making his first appearance, though he looks quite promising, got a couple of tricks up his sleeve." The door on the east end of the arena began to open. "I'll say no more, see what you think. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, Lord of Thunder!"

Thor entered to an overwhelming amount of 'boos'. Anya's hands gripped at the bars. No one wanted him to win. The Asgardian had armed himself with two swords strapped to the back, a shield, and a large mallet in hand. He didn't know the champion. What he was about to go up against. Better to be over prepared that not at all.

"Watch out for his fingers, they make sparks. Okay, this is it. Let's get ready to welcome this guy. Here he comes."

Green smoke bombs went off all throughout the stadium over the stands. As if in celebration. The cheers were back. All were excited. Especially from the rumble that rocked the structure followed by a roar. Thor stared down the closed door in anticipation. Who did the Grandmaster have prepared to take him on?

"He is the creature. What can we say about him? Well, he's unique. There's none like him. I feel a special connection with him. He's undefeated."

The Asgardian placed a helmet on his head, flipping down the sides to give more protection to the jawbone.

"He's the reigning. He's the defending."

The god gripped the hilt of the mallet tightly and took a defensive stance.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I give you..."

The doors on the west end of the arena began to pull open. Thor readied himself. The young woman's hands squeezed the bars tighter with worry. Loki grinned with glee, excited to see just who this champion was.

"Your Incredible..."

The doors didn't seem to open fast enough. The warrior came barreling through, breaking them from the force and nearly ripping them from the wall. The damage cracked out into the stands. There was a reason no one sat in the area behind the west entrance when the champion fought. A roar of rage fueled the crowd even more.

"Hulk!"

The green giant, thought to be missing since Ultron's end, stood just feet from the Asgardian. Dressed in gladiator attire, wielding a hammer and battle axe. It took a moment for Thor to take it in from the shock. But instead of those that faced off against Hulk in the past who paled or begged for their life, a smile spread across his face before shouting,

"Yes!" Thor shouted excitedly.

The stadium went quiet in shock and confusion from his reaction. Meanwhile, Loki looked on horrified.

"I have to get off this planet," he barely managed out. His feet began to move on their own to back up towards the door.

The Grandmaster stopped the retreat, "Hey, hey, hey. Where you going?"