Chapter 23

Thor reentered Hulk's room early the next morning to stare at the quinjet. So close, yet so far away. He completely ignored the green beast as he moved around the back of the room. Anya joined the prince to sit on the trim of the massive window to watch the Asgardian pace back and forth.

"What's on your mind?" she eventually asked.

"We need a way off Sakaar and there's only one person who I think can help us," he spoke lowly. "I just don't know if he'll answer."

"You won't know till you try."

True. He just had to wait till the opportune moment. A shift in the room drew their attention. Hulk marched towards the door wearing lighter gladiator armor and carrying the overly large hammer over a shoulder.

"Hulk trains," he stated.

"That's great," Thor grumbled. "Have fun."

"Hey, big guy," a voice greeted from the door.

The barrier keeping Hulk inside had been taken down for their visitor to enter. Scrapper 142 actually smiled at the green giant, who in turn appeared happy to see her too.

"Angry girl," he greeted with a grin.

"What have you been up to?"

"Winning."

The female laughed. "You coming, Arcane?"

"Maybe later," she answered. "I don't have another match for a few days."

Scrapper 142 shrugged her shoulders. "Suit yourself. If you change your mind, you know where we'll be."

The young woman watched them go. A flash of red over the exit proved the barrier had been put back in place.

"You don't have to stay because of me if you wish to train," Thor said.

"I honestly don't plan on stepping foot in that ring again now that you're here. Nor do I want to deal with any leering eyes of other male contenders wandering about the communal training room."

"... Just point them out to me and I will end them."

The young woman snickered, arms wrapping around his waist loosely.

"I've already handled a few that left them in the hospital wing for weeks." On tiptoes she kissed his cheek. "But I'll take you up on it if our plans are put on hold."

Thor snaked an arm around her with a proud grin. "That's my girl."

"Damn right. Now try to do what you need to do. I'll man the fort while you're busy."

Anya moved away to give him some space and privacy. The god let out a deep breath to try and focus. His eyes closed to block out everything.

"Heimdall, I know you can see me," he spoke aloud. "I need you to help me. Help me see."

The rush of a chill traveled from the top of the Asgardian's head down to the toes. It made his eyes open again, no longer seeing Hulk's room, but the familiar surroundings of his home. And Heimdall stood in the archway of an adjacent hall. The former gatekeeper's appearance greatly contrasted what he once was at the watcher of the realms. His hair had grown longer into dreads, pulled back by a cord to rest at the back of the neck. The golden armor had been replaced by dark civilian clothing that looked quite a bit worn from his time in the wild. The only thing familiar about the Asgardian was the sight of Hofund strapped to his back.