Chapter 24

Anya finished lacing the last boot. Double knotting it for good measure before tucking the strands inside for safe keeping. She decided to dress in a simpler attire compared to what she took into the arena. A dark leather top with a laced-up front and sides, the traditional gladiator skirt with undershorts, and the combat boots. The young woman also took the shock batons from her weapons stash. And two smaller hand axes that easily attached to the belt.

Her arms stretched high overhead to pop any tense muscles and bones. Any moment they'd begin. However, there was something that Thor wanted to do first. She entered Hulk's room to find Thor behind one of the shelves. He seemed to be looking at the bottles in place... though for some reason it appeared as if it was merely an act. Why was he hiding?

The red barrier that kept the occupants inside fell away as a familiar face entered. It made the green giant grin widely.

"Angry girl," Hulk greeted. He was always happy to see the woman.

With a laugh, she rushed up the steps to slide under a swing of the hammer he threw her way. In turn, a leg kicked out against his nearest knee to bring the beast to a kneeled position. It swiftly followed with a punch to the side and he fell chest first to the ground.

"What's going on?" Scrapper 142 questioned. "What are you...?"

The words died on her lips at the sight of Thor walking up to accompany Anya. She hadn't seen the prince, who indeed had hidden away behind a shelving unit, when she entered. Otherwise, the scrapper wouldn't have been so relaxed. Anya watched her mood sour instantly, walking over the Hulk's back to head for the door.

"You're so thick-headed, that you can't tell when someone's hiding all the way across the universe and wants to be left alone," she spat out,

The comment confused the young woman. Had they met before?

"We need to talk," Thor stated.

"No, you wanna talk to me."

"I need her to stay," the prince pleaded with Hulk.

"Stay?" the green giant rolled over.

He gripped the headboard to the bed to toss the skeleton bone through the air. It hit the ground just in front of the exit. The scrapper paused.

"Block! Stay. Please."

"Please," Thor asked nicely.

She turned on the three individuals, giving Anya a look wondering if she was going along with this.

"He makes very compelling arguments," the young woman shrugged.

"All right," Scrapper 142 said. "Here's the deal." She marched towards the shelves that housed an array of liquors to Hulk's disposal. "I'll listen to you till this is empty."

Thor didn't appear concerned since the bottle was so large. But the moment the scrapper began to chug, he spoke quickly,

"Asgard is in danger and people are dying. We need to get back there. I need your help."

Her lips removed from the top of the bottle. Nothing was left. Not even a drop.

"Wow."

"Finished." The bottle dropped to the ground, shattering on impact. "Bye." Once more, she headed for the door.

"Odin is dead."

The statement made her stop abruptly.

"Hela the Goddess of Death, has invaded Asgard."