First Day Out.

Me and Alex walked through the mall hand in hand.

She dragged me into one of her old favourite stores. We must've spent at least an hour in there and we both left with two huge bags each.

We decided to go to a nearby café to grab a drink.

"One black coffee please", I say as a place my money down.

"Same for me, please", Alex adds.

We grab our drinks and head to a small table in the corner. We both stare at one another, taking sips of our drink.

"I can't believe I'm out. I'm finally out", Alex said as she grabbed my hand.

"I know, it's great Al", I add.

"Yeah...it is. I'm just going to the restroom to change out of these tatty clothes okay?", Alex says.

"Oh yeah okay sure", I smile at her as she leaves the table.

I sit, staring into my coffee, stirring it with my spoon and start to think about my life in prison.

Taystee's leaving party, the dryer incident, the chicken, mine and Nicky's crazy conversations, me and Alex kissing in the chapel. The bad times and the good times. As stupid and ridiculous as it sounds, I kind of miss that place, I miss my family I made there.

I couldn't help but giggle to myself, which I regret as a couple of people turned to me.

I took a sip of coffee and placed it back down when I saw Alex walking towards me.

She was wearing black ripped jeans with black boots, and a grey shirt which I saw her trying on in the store.

She looked beautiful. I just stared at her in awe until she took a seat.

"You look beautiful...", I said, mouth wide open.

"Thank you", she giggled.

"Let's finish our coffee and go", she added.

"Okay..."

Not long after, we had finished our coffee and headed over to an ice cream parlour.

My mouth was watering from all the delicious flavours they had. I burst out laughing as one flavour caught my eye.

"What're you laughing at?", Alex asked as she began to laugh too.

"Chocolate and Vanilla swirl", I laughed as I pointed to the board.

"Oh god...crazy eyes", Alex said as she rolled her eyes.

"Yep", I giggled.

We bought our ice creams and strolled out of the mall.

"What do you want to do now?", Alex asked as she slightly nudged me.

"Well, we've bought tons of new clothes, so what do you say about going to a club?", I asked.

"Sounds good".

Me and Alex got home and ran straight up to the bedroom to get ready. I put on a nude dress with some matching heels, I curled my hair and put on some makeup.

Alex put on a dark purple dress with long, lace sleeves, she wore some black heels. She sat at my dressing table perfecting her eyebrows and applying her signature eyeliner. She's so beautiful, I thought to myself.

"Ready?", she asked as she turned to face me.

"Ready".