Chapter XV

Warnings: Violence, Childbirth, Character Death

Morgan practically races to their apartments in the Red Keep after training with Laenor Velaryon and Harwin Strong, his muscles protesting against the movement.

He does not expect to see his entire family in their apartments when he arrives, but he also does not expect to see only his sister.

His sister, who has an arm full of dresses and was on her way out.

"You're really leaving?" Morgan complains from the doorway. Aurelia does not look impressed. How cruel. "I only just arrived."

"I have to go back to Rhaenyra's apartments," Aurelia glares at him. "Do you have a complaint, brother?"

"I have barely seen you since Father and I arrived," he argues. "You're always running off and we've barely seen each other for the past four years."

"I have duties, Morgan," his sister enunciates carefully, as if he were a simpleton. "I have to attend to the Queen and the Princesses."

Morgan gestures to Aurelia's busy arms. "And exactly how are you serving them? By allowing them to steal your dresses?"

"Lady Laena wants to see if some of my dresses fit her, so she can borrow one for the tourney," she looked at him, calculatingly. "Did you clean yourself after training?"

"Excuse me?" He's offended. "I'd be a poor excuse for a lord if I didn't."

"Excellent, open your arms."

Morgan is a dutiful older brother, so he does as his sister orders and then finds himself with his arm filled with dresses.

"Aurelia? What am I supposed to do now?"

"Carry them for me," Aurelia ushers him out the doors. "Come along, now."

"Where are we going?" Morgan complains as they walk through some hallways he doesn't recognize (not that it is out of the usual, he's only been in King's Landing a week and his sister has lived here for years).

"The Velaryon apartments," Aurelia replies easily as they turn a corner.

He does his best to hide behind the dresses as they approach a door with a guard outside. He's heard stories about the Sea Snake and he has no wish to end up drowned because he was in his maiden daughter's rooms.

"Princess Aurelia," the knight guarding the door greets. "And... a pile of walking dresses?"

Aurelia giggles in the way she does to get what she wants. It used to always work when they were children, that giggle and her batting her eyelashes always ended in her getting her way. But that was then, when she was a child. He doubts it will work now.

"The dresses were too heavy for me to carry by myself, Ser Aron," she sighs and Morgan would bet she is blinking innocently up at him. "My brother graciously offered to assist me. Have you been introduced?"