Chapter XXXIV

September 110 AC

September 110 AC

Night had fallen by the time Morgan finally returned to the camp.

She saw him after a moment, he seemed to be exchanging more heated words with Vaemond and she sighed heavily and began to amble over to them. It really wasn't her place to interfere but Morgan really didn't need any more conflict in his life. As she reached them, her uncle bowed shortly to Morgan before storming away. She lay her hand on the back of Morgan's arm then and he turned to look at her, his eyes unreadable before he curled his own hand around her wrist and pulled her into his tent. Before she could say a word his lips crashed against hers and his hands were snatching at the lacings of her dress, pulling them furiously to unthread them. She clung to his shoulders, kissing him back with everything she had inside her as he practically dragged her dress from her shoulders and allowed it to fall heavily to the floor. He pulled away from the kiss, breathing hard as his hands tugged up her shift, pulling it right up and over her body to leave her bare in front of him.

Laena moved back towards the mattress with its mountain of furs and pillows, sinking into it, stretching her body out for his view, his eyes not leavings her as she waited breathlessly for him. He pulled his tunic over his head, exposing his hard, muscular chest to her. She could stay still no longer, shifting up onto her knees and crawling towards the foot of the bed. He breathed deeply as her hands came to his chest, her fingers swirling patterns in the sprinkling of dark auburn hair that spread across the broad expanse. She let her fingers trail lightly downwards then, following the path of hair that led beneath his breeches. He was hard already when she let her hand seek underneath the leather and a groan left his perfect lips as she stroked his length lightly. As always he could never stand her teasing for long and she was unsurprised when his hands came to her shoulders and shoved her back onto the bed.

He loomed above her then, the look in his eyes almost predatory as he crawled up between her legs that she spread ever so willingly for him. The heat between them was like the fire in her blood, like the restless waves inside her soul and a soft moan left her mouth as he ran his hands up her thighs, his thumb dipping between her legs and causing her to arch her back up into him. She moaned more loudly as he began to move his fingers against her in an agonizingly slow way. Her hips bucked up of their own accord and she could have sworn he chuckled lightly as he kissed and nipped his way down her neck, one of his fingers slipping inside her.

She was aching for him. Craving him. She needed to feel all of him inside her, to be one with him as they were meant to be. When she was one with him she could delude herself into thinking that she would somehow get to keep him forever. When they were joined she could forget that one day they would be parted for good.

Thankfully Morgan soon stopped his teasing, his finger slipping from her and his hands moving to unthread the laces of his breeches. When he came free she wrapped her legs up high around his waist and he had pushed into her in an instant, a groan leaving his own lips and she cried out loudly. She lifted her own hips to meet his pace, reveling in the sound their flesh made together. His hands were everywhere, setting her skin aflame and she could feel her skin heating up, feel the beads of sweat across her forehead and between her breasts.