Chapter XIX

May 108 AC

May 108 AC

As his hands roam up and down the sides of her body and he claims her mouth with his, the only thing that Jamie can think about is siring blonde, amber-eyed children with Aurelia.

He imagines a brood of children, with their features, children made from love and not duty. He runs his fingers through Aurelia's soft hair, envisioning what it would be like to have a daughter whose long dark hair he could learn to braid. He looks into Aurelia's eyes and pictures a son who shares the same shade of amber eyes as she.

It's a fantasy at best, given that the odds of any of that happening are rather slim, but he'd like to indulge in his thoughts of being inside her while he can. He's barely seen her lately, with Prince Baelon so ill. Only now, one week after the prince's latest fever set in, has she left the children in the care of others and they're taking advantage of her freedom.

Aurelia reaches under his tunic, feeling the hard muscles on his chest, and he smiles against her lips, as he presses her against the wall of the alley.

His lips move down her jaw to her neck, planting hot kisses against her sensitive skin.

She immediately arches her neck, giving him easier access as her fingers trace the lines of his abs. Her touch ignites heat inside of him that he has never felt with any of the whores he has fucked in these walls before.

"Jamie," she breathes into his ear, her hands scrambling for purchase on his shoulders.

"Easy, Princess," he murmurs into the base of her neck, her fresh scent overwhelming him.

Jamie knows that he can't take her here, despite his cock aching under the layers of his clothing. There's nothing more he wishes to do than to take her against the wall, taking her maidenhead right where they stand, but he knows better.

He knows what it is that he desires and he also knows that Aurelia yearns for more, given the sounds she makes and the way her body reacts to his touch, but he knows he cannot compromise her virtue.

They're doomed to share kisses in quiet corners and looks across crowded rooms. The have to make do with fleeting touches and quick caresses instead of having their love on display for all to see.

━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━

Aurelia sat in the royal nursery, cradling both babies, as they slept soundly in her arms. She raised her head as the door creaked open, and Amanda Corbray nee Arryn, one of Aemma's older sisters, entered. She'd been her sister's chief lady in waiting for years, only taking a leave of absence the times when there was trouble in the Vale and she'd had to return to support her niece.

"Hello, Lady Amanda," Aurelia greeted her with a warm smile. "What brings you to the nursery today?"

"I wanted to see the babes before Robar and I depart," Amanda answered softly, her eyes drawn to her sleeping niece and nephew. "It breaks my heart to leave them, but we can't stay here without a clear reason or position anymore."