hours before

All the days look te same here; it's wake up, work, eat, sleep and repeat. My father was doing most of the sewing together with my brother Robin, with me he does the designing and my oldest brother Leon hunts and sells. We have a system and it works, we have just enough food and can even afford some luxury things. We live in the nicer side of district 8 and were well known by the capitol for our designs.

But this all doesn't matter right now because it reaping day today. Our system could be destroyed and even worse loose family and friends. Reaping is not till the afternoon so I still have some time. I need to go to Comet, he is my bestfriend and he's gonna be a stylist this game for our district. He will be announced after the tributes are chosen. He doesn't live far away luckily. I knock on the door and to seconds later i'm greeted by a smiling face. "Well hello Lilly, how are you feeling?" "Hi Comet, I'm nervous, thanks for asking." I reply. "hey Lilly you will be fine, don't worry." Comet pulls me in for a hug and I let him. "I just wanted to say a proper goodbye before you leave. And I know you'll be alive and well but I still want a goodbye outside the games." I try not to cry. "Well goodbye Lilly." He answered with a soft voice. "I have to go Comet, I'm sorry but I really need to get some things done." I hate today "bye Lilly, I'll see you later!" He yells after me. "Bye!!" I scream back.

I run up to my room and start going through all my designs, I always pick out some designs I really want to be made and I give them to dad just in case. I have 4 this time, 2 suits and 2 dresses. The first one is pastel blue suit with silver accents and a deep v-line, the second one is sage green suit with a golden chest harness, the third one is a short dress completely made out of fake flowers and the last one is a white dress with golden glitters at the bottom of the skirt fading up. I put them in our special envelope and head of to clear my head.

As I'm walking through the poorer part of the district I notice a boy weaving fabric, I know him from something. I remember! He was the boy who saved me that one night: I was walking home late at night and suddenly I felt someone grab my shoulder. I didn't know what to do and just frose. It was a man in his mid thirties, he was saying something to me but I couldn't process it. Then all of a sudden he was dragged back by the weaving boy. He had a small fight with the man, asked me if I was alright and offered to walk me home. oh shit the reaping! I got to hurry!

An:
Omg who will the love interest be it's so not obvious  ;) i just had to put some parallels between this story and "the hungergames"