Chapter 1

Vic's POV:

The doors of the train opened and I walked out, fixing my hair absentmindedly. This is the first time I have been here without my father with me. He says since I'm an adult now I should be fine. The thing is, I'm actually nervous. You've been preparing for this your whole life, why are you nervous Victor? My father's voice rang in my brain. "Dad I swear once I find him you need to stop doing that!" I muttered to myself. Just because you have the power to read someone's mind doesn't mean you should. Not to mention I probably look like a freak muttering to myself.

The cellphone I had been given rang and I took it out of my pocket, the word Dad in bold letters appeared on the screen. "I'm calling so you don't look weird talking to yourself Victor. Listen, get out onto seventh avenue and get in a taxi. Get the driver to take you to 59th Street, thats where you'll be living for a while. At 12 AM, you're going to the King Night Club. You're need is getting too strong to contain, if you don't find the perfect boy you're going to lose all control. The only way we can maintain it for now is to satisfy your needs until you find your mate. Get out there please before my entire kingdom is in ruins!" My father ordered desperately.

(This fic takes place in New York City if you haven't noticed)

I sighed and stepped out off the curb like I had been instructed. I raised my arm in the air and hailed a cab, getting into the back seat and telling the cab driver where to go. He pulled up in front of a nice looking apartment and I handed him the money I owed him. "Dad I'm here what do I do now?" I asked, knowing he was still monitoring me. Just take the key I gave you out of your pocket and go inside. After you get settled I'll leave you alone. Just call me if you need me. I listened and took the key out of my pocket, jogging up the steps and unlocking the door.

The place was honestly beautiful. High ceilings, small but luxurious. All of my necessities were already here. I dropped my bag onto the table and took in my surroundings. I'm actually doing this. I decided to explore where I would be living. Spacious kitchen, huge fancy bathroom, king sized bed with black sheets and blankets. I fell back onto the bed, my body sinking into the mattress. I could definitely get used to this.

I stood up and looked in the mirror on my wall. I looked like a normal person I guess. Brown hair, brown eyes, tan skin. I smiled, fixing my suit. Did I have to dress this fancy all the time? I'm supposed to be a twenty three year old not a forty year old business man! I shook my head and grabbed my bag. Looks like we're going shopping. I walked out my front door and locked it, walking towards the car my dad had bought for me. It was a black Range Rover.

I finally made it to the store where I found some more laid back clothes. I needed summer clothes anyway considering how hot it was going to get. I also grabbed some winter clothes too because who knows how long I was going to be here? Hopefully not too long, I can feel now how desperately I need to find my perfect match. After two hours of shopping, I walked back out of the store and got into my car.

I decided to change my clothes in the car because honestly, I was sick of wearing a suit. I changed into a t shirt, shorts, vans and a snap back. Much more comfortable if you ask me. I stopped by a Chinese take out place and picked up some food before heading home again. I got home and jumped onto my couch. I was honestly exhausted considering I had spent most of my day trying to get used to the human world. Its been a while since I've been here.

I picked up the remote and turned on the tv, flicking through the channels while I ate my dinner. Victor, its almost twelve, you have to go to the Night Club remember? My father's voice reminded me. "Can I please have some alone time for once!" I shouted, pulling at my hair.

I'm sorry son, the prophecy and traditions need to be fulfilled and you know it. I'm letting it slide that you're looking for a boy instead of a girl but please just find your match. My kingdom relies on it. If you don't all the souls of the damned will be released. "Why can't we let them all go? I mean they've suffered enough haven't they?" I asked, finishing my meal.

The damned are the damned my son. They've earned their place in hell and its our job to make sure they don't leave. As a demon, your responsibilities still stand. I've held this job for a billion years, its time for you to take over. Find your mate, Victor. You'll be able to come home, and I'll be able to step down from power. If not, you know Satan will punish us both.

I groaned, not feeling like listening to a lecture. "Whatever." I mumbled acting like I didn't care even though I did. I knew my needs were starting to get worse. You know how some people say that they need to have sex? Well in my case, I really do. There are seven different types of demons in hell, representing the seven deadly sins.

When you're born, you don't really know which one you're going to be. Slowly but surely you find out. About a thousand years ago I started showing signs of lust. Until recently I've been learning how to use my powers and more importantly controlling them. Now that I am finally matured, my job is to find my perfect little human to spend eternity with.

The tradition that I have to follow has been passed down for billions of years. You go down to earth, find your mate, fall in love, and thats that. The only reason my mother and father are stepping down is because they want to, not because they have to. Its not like we die or anything. 

There are multiple sections in hell and my mother and father are the rulers of one of them. My father is a sloth demon, so you can kind of guess how being in charge is going. All he wants to do is retire, thats where I come in. I threw out the remains of my food and went into my bedroom. Finding a nice button up shirt and some skinny jeans. I want to look nice, but not too fancy. I got into my car and drove to the night club. Its time to satisfy my needs.

New story! I got some inspiration from The Deal by thekellinunderthevic. You should definitely read it. I really like writing this story!