Chapter 14

Kellin's POV:

I followed Vic like a lost puppy, letting him lead me down various hallways and through several doors. The walls were a dark maroon color, similar to the color of the suit I was wearing. It was eerily quiet, the sound of our footsteps echoing through the empty hallways. The ceilings were so high, the air was so warm. Was it air? Was I even breathing? I didn't know. Vic squeezed my hand reassuringly every once in a while, keeping me calm.  My eyes trailed the pictures on the walls, each one hosting an even more solemn looking person. How someone as bright and cheerful as Vic lived here, I would never understand.

"My dad is going to ask you a few questions, that's all." Vic sighed, stopping outside a large door. I could hear conversations going on behind it, to say I was nervous was an understatement. Not only was I about to meet my boyfriend's parents, but my boyfriend's parents were demon rulers.... or something. 

Vic kissed me and rubbed my cheek reassuringly before opening the door. What we walked into was nothing like what I expected. I thought I was just going to be meeting Vic's parents. Instead, I was greeted by a room full of people.. or demons, all sitting at a long banquet table. 

They were all wearing different colors, I guess signifying what type of demon they were. Vic led me by the hand to two empty seats at the end of the table, obviously reserved for us. "Nice of you to join us, Victor... and Kellin, right?" Vic's mother spoke, sending a light smile to me. 

"Yes, ma'am." I said sheepishly, before I could sit down, she motioned me to come over. Vic lightly pushed me towards her direction, following a few steps behind me. As I got closer, I could feel every eye in the room watching me, I didn't dare to look around, focusing solely on Vic's mother who seemed to be the warmest person in the room. 

She was bright, almost as if she had a glow to her. I could tell where Vic got it from. Her hair was in flowing curly locks, it almost looked like she was floating. For a demon, she was truly beautiful, not at all what I would have imagined. She took my hands in hers, looking me up and down. "Yes. You've chosen a sweet boy, Victor. I can see it in his eyes." She smiled, taking my chin in her hand and examining my face. There was a slight burning feeling across any part of my body that she touched, reminding me of the first few times Vic ever touched me. 

"Alright, mama. Enough manhandling my boyfriend." Vic laughed, lightly pulling me away from his mother. A deeper voice cleared their throat, making me turn back towards the direction of Vic's mother. "Come here, son." Vic's dad huffed out, not making any effort to stand up. Sloth demon, right

I walked towards him, my heart beating faster with each step. "Showing any signs?" He asked Vic, repeating the same process of examining me that his wife had. Looking me up and down, examining my face and eyes. "Lust, father." Vic said, a more serious tone taking over his voice.  He stood up straight, his hands clasped behind his back. So formal.

"Knowing you, I am not surprised one bit." Vic's father said, his grip on me a bit tighter than his wife's. "Two lust demons in my kingdom, everybody. I'll make the walls thicker." He sighed, making everyone at the banquet laugh. I felt my cheeks heat up, my gaze remaining on the floor. "I am sorry that you were rushed here, my son Michael has little time for formality and friendliness." Vic's father sighed, looking over at Vic's brother who just smirked.

He let go and slouched back into his chair, as if examining me was the most exhausting thing he's ever done. I took a breath of relief, Vic's hand immediately engulfing mine. I felt a bit lightheaded from this whole ordeal, but I kept it to myself, not wanting to bother Vic during such a serious time. We took our seats, Vic still holding my hand under the table.