Chapter 13

Kellin's POV:

It burned. A lot. I held on tightly to Vic's hands as we fell. "You're ok." Vic's voice comforted me through the darkness. The next thing I knew, everything was silent. My eyes slowly opened and I found myself laying down on a bed. I slowly sat up and looked around, it was Vic's bedroom. "What?" I muttered to myself in confusion. Had I imagined that entire thing?

I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, feeling extremely groggy. I felt like I had been asleep for hours, yet at the same time, I felt eerily on edge. Something was different and I couldn't put my finger on it. My eyes wandered around the room looking for anything out of place to no avail. Everything was as per usual which somehow made me even more confused. I pushed the covers off of me and swung my legs over the edge of the bed before standing up and making my way over to the bathroom. I felt weak, as if I was hung over or sick. I felt fine the day before and only had one drink last night though, nothing was adding up. I shook my head as I undressed.  I was a sweaty mess, I needed a shower. 

I opted for a cold shower instead of my typical boiling one. It seemed much hotter in here than it normally did. As the cool water cascaded over me, I tried piecing together what I thought had happened the night before. Vic's creepy ass brother showed up and all hell broke loose. I had never seen Vic act so aggressive like that before. It didn't make sense to me how he was able to push his brother like that. And where did his brother go? He was on the floor, then he was across the street, and then he was just gone. 

My mind raced looking for answers as I shut off the water, wrapping one of Vic's red towels around my waist. I went to get my toothbrush out of the medicine cabinet when I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror. I gasped and stumbled back a bit, my back hitting into the oddly warm wall behind me. 

My eyes were black again, the same as they were a few months back after I hadn't seen Vic in a while. This time things were different though. My skin, which was normally pretty pale, had a shine to it, almost as if it was reflective. I looked down at my arms and torso, noticing the almost silver color, my hands shaking as I touched my skin. 

"V-VIC" I screamed, stumbling out of the small bathroom. My head felt dizzy, I didn't know where I was going or what I was doing. "VIC PLEASE" I cried out, catching my balance against his dresser. I heard footsteps approaching and the door swing open. Vic ran over and supported my weak body, walking me towards his bed and sitting me down. He was still in his suit from the night before. 

"Kellin are you ok?" Vic asked quickly, his hands cupping my cheeks, a concerned look on his face. "I don't know, I don't know. Look at me! What's happening?" I asked desperately, my voice cracking. Vic wrapped his arms around me and cradled me against his chest, comforting me. "It's alright. You're adjusting to being here, thats all. I don't think you were ready, but I had to bring you here." Vic spoke softly, but his words didn't make much sense. 

"Bring me where? We're in your room." I asked, barely over a whisper. I was feeling so overwhelmed. "We're in my other room, sweetheart. My room at home. I made it look similar to my apartment so you would be more comfortable. I'm so sorry Kellin. I'm sorry I did this to you." Vic's voice shook as he spoke, he sounded so upset. 

I slowly sat up so I was looking at him, my eyes meeting his. My mind went back to last night. A demon he said he was. I just couldn't process anything, the confusion almost making me feel numb.  "So. What you were saying last night is true. You're a demon? You're from hell?" I asked, my breathing still heavy from panic.  Vic just nodded, his eyes never leaving mine. My ears were ringing, this was all too much too fast. 

"W-what's going to happen to me? Why do I look like this?" My voice shook as I spoke. It seemed as though I was going back and forth between panicking and accepting the chaos surrounding me. I didn't know what to think. I felt safe because Vic was with me, but I didn't know where I was, or what I was. It was such a strange feeling.