Chapter 10

Kellin's POV:

I mixed a drink and poured it into a glass, sliding it across the bar to the customer without a word. I wasn't feeling like talking much, according to Alan, I was "in a mood" today. He on the other hand was living it up. He was leaning against the bar, flirting with the tall tattooed guy from last week. The mysterious man's gaze never left Alan as he slid another five dollar bill across the bar for a tip. As per usual, Alan worked his magic well. We were definitely making money tonight. 

My thoughts were quickly interrupted by a girl in a tight black dress calling me over. Through sultry red lips that caught the attention of every straight guy at the bar, she ordered a tequila soda. I gave a soft smile and nodded, going straight to it. The bar was completely packed, so much so that the bouncers stopped letting people in. People were dancing and sweating, the crowd's movements mimicking the beats of the music. Despite knowing that it was going to be a good night, I couldn't get out of this weird funk. My mind raced a million miles a minute as I made the girl's drink. 

All that was on my mind was Vic. His voice, his laugh, his body. Just thinking about him almost made me forget what I was doing. I closed my eyes, taking a few seconds to collect myself. This past week had been a weird one. Being intimate with Vic had almost become routine and taking it out of my weekly schedule was stressing me out in a way I've never felt before. Before Vic, I went months without having sex or being intimate in any way with someone. I just didn't understand why I was having such a hard time now. Vic was just different. I sighed before turning around and giving the girl her drink, nodding as she threw a couple dollars in the tip jar. 

I watched her as she returned to the dance floor, along with many eyes following her. She grabbed a guy's hand and put it on her waist, swaying her hips to the music. Thats what I wanted. I just wanted to be close with Vic. I know, I basically dug my own grave by saying we should take a break from having sex. I just didn't realize how much I would crave being with him. We had been having a really great time just hanging out together, but the tension was becoming way too much. I needed to be close to him.

I felt my jeans begin to tighten and I cursed under my breath. How inconvenient can it get. I grabbed the bottle of tequila I already had out and poured three shots, handing one to Alan and the other to Alan's admirer. "To the happy couple." I joked, earning a glare from Alan. He took the shot all the same. I did too, feeling the burn of the alcohol going down my throat and warming my stomach. I grimaced, quickly pouring myself another one and getting it over with.  I never drank, but it was going to be a long night. 

Before I knew it, it was 4am. "Closing timeee" Alan sang, slightly tipsy as he cleared the final cups from the bar. The crowds were filing out the door, or should I say stumbling. The only people left were me, Alan, and the mystery man. The two of them kept exchanging glances and giggles as I wiped down the bar. "Alan, why don't you two crazy kids head out. I'll clean up." I smiled, my words slurring a little bit. It had been a while since I drank but I was feeling good. 

"Wow, really? Now that is how to be a good wingman." Alan sighed, waltzing from behind the bar and over to his man. "Well, Austin, ready to head out?" Alan asked, mocking an innocent tone. The man, apparently named Austin, nodded, catching Alan by surprise by picking him up. "Austinnnnn" Alan laughed, mouthing thank you to me as he was carried out. I smiled as Austin carried him out the door, happy that things were working out for Alan. Despite my happiness, I couldn't get Vic out of my head. 

I finished cleaning up and walked out the front door, my mood definitely showing on my face. The urge to see Vic was so strong, I found myself walking in the opposite direction of my apartment. It was a far walk to Vic's beautiful apartment, but I was determined and definitely feeling the effects of the tequila shots. "Hey Quinn, you been drinking?" Zac the bouncer asked, interrupting my thoughts. "Is it that obvious?" I whined,  leaning against the wall to talk to him. Zac laughed, rolling his eyes before responding. "Where are you going anyways, isn't your apartment that way?" Zac asked curiously. "Long story.'' I sighed, turning around to start walking again. "Want a ride?" The offer stopped me in my tracks. "Yeah, actually that would be amazing.  Could you take me to 59th street by any chance?" Zac looked at me questioningly but eventually complied, leading me to his car.