Chapter 8

Long time no see... Figured I'd pick this story back up. It was super fun to write!

Kellin's POV:

"I just don't understand, Alan. I genuinely can't stop thinking about him." I huffed, pushing the hair out of my eyes as I wiped down the bar. I had been in the dating scene for quite some time and I have never experienced the feelings that Vic invoked in me. Every single second of every single day. He was the only thing on my mind. 

"Come on, Kellin. Is it really that big of a problem that the dating gods blessed you with a sexy man in your life? I've been trying for years with the guys that come in here. No dice." Alan sighed. It's true, he had been trying, constantly cycling through customer after customer. It only ever got awkward when they would come back after he ended things to try and work it out. It was even worse when multiple guys would come in at the same time. I always wondered what it was about him that keep them coming around. Maybe I could learn a thing or two from him.

Not that I was having a problem with Vic coming around. It seemed as though he thought about me as much as I thought about him. "I don't know, Alan. Is it healthy? I mean I see him almost every day, if not every other day. If I don't see him it hurts. We text constantly and when its really bad he calls. Do you think I should distance myself a little?" The thought hurt to think about, but I had to consider it. 

"I don't know about completely distancing yourself from him. It seems like you two get along really well. Maybe try and have a bit more quality time instead of just having sex? From what I can tell you two can't keep your eyes off each other when you're here." Alan chuckled, putting away clean glasses on the shelves. We were opening soon and had to get ready for our typical busy Friday night.

"I guess you're right. I really have to think about it." I sighed. Vic was the best thing that's happened to me in years, why was I questioning it? "Well if your Mr. Right has any hot friends why don't you tell him to bring them around here?" Alan said with a laugh. I just smiled and shook my head. "I'll let him know." I replied. Like clockwork, Vic texted me. I swear he's listening sometimes. 

Hey, sweetheart. Thinking of you.. and those pretty lips. Why don't you stop by after work?

I smiled and started typing but then realized what I was doing and stopped. Maybe I should give it a second, it wasn't urgent and customers were starting to come in anyways. I clocked in and started making drinks when I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket. I ignored it for a while, but after about half an hour the curiosity got to me. 

Hope you're doing ok. I bet work is crazy right now. Text me back when you get the chance. No worries if tonight doesn't work. 

My heart skipped a beat when I read the words on the screen. I didn't know what to do. I wanted nothing more than to go to his place later tonight but at the same time some time apart would probably be good for us. I put my phone back in my pocket. I would text him later, I had drinks to make and customers to serve. "Is everything alright?" Alan asked, noticing the concern on my face. "Yeah. Just figured I'd give Vic some space. He asked me to come over but I think we could use a night away from each other." I shrugged, picking up the drink I had started before I checked my phone. 

"Whatever, dude. If it were me I would have no problem with him having him all over me. He's a catch." Alan said, winking at a customer who had slid a tip across the bar. "He really is." I muttered, mainly to myself. I couldn't help it and I pulled out my phone. 

I'm not sure. It's super busy and I'll probably be exhausted. I don't get off until 4.

I sent the text and stared at it for a second. Was it too cold? I hope he doesn't think I'm mad at him or anything. I didn't know what it was that I was feeling, all I knew was that I needed a second to breathe. "Hey! Can I have my drink please?" A customer complained. I quickly put my phone in my pocket and finished making his drink. "Sorry!" I said urgently. The customer just rolled his eyes and slapped money on the bar. It was going to be a long night for sure.