Chapter 3

What do you think of the story so far? Let me know if you have any suggestions too!

Kellin's POV:

I woke up at 2 pm, lazily making my way over to the coffee pot. This is what working the night shift does, I basically became nocturnal. I poured myself a cup and added milk and sugar before taking a sip, feeling myself wake up. I checked my phone while I drank my coffee before getting in the shower.

I had to make myself look presentable because Vic was coming to pick me up in two hours. I mean he did see me last night after work and I doubt I looked my best then; still I wanted to impress him. I got out of the shower and dried my hair, making sure it looked alright. By the time I picked out an outfit and got dressed, he texted me saying he was outside.

My heart started pounding as I made my way down the stairs of my apartment. To say I was nervous was an understatement. It has been a while since I've dated anyone, not to mention Vic is drop dead gorgeous. I walked past Jenna who looked at me curiously from behind her desk. "Where are you going all dressed up, Quinn?" She asked, leaning her elbows on the desk. "I have a date with perfection himself." I said, smiling at her.

"Go get 'em!" Jenna encouraged me as I walked towards the front door. I took one last big breath before opening it and going outside. Vic was wearing a floral button up shirt and skinny jeans, standing in front of an all black range rover. He had sunglasses on so I couldn't really tell where exactly he was looking. I waved and he smiled as I walked towards him.

Vic reached over and took my hands in his, looking me up and down. "You look amazing." He said simply, making my face heat up. "Um, thank you. You don't look to bad yourself." I replied. That was an understatement, he looked stunning! Just like last night he leaned over and placed a light kiss against my cheek, and just like last night I felt like I got burned. The effect he already had on me was insane.

Vic let go of my hands without a word and opened the passenger's side door for me. I climbed in and he shut it, running around to the other side. He got in the drivers seat and pulled away from the curb. "So, where are we going?" I asked out of curiosity. "I was thinking pizza?" Vic asked, quickly glancing at me before returning his eyes to the road. I smiled and agreed, happy he didn't go for something too fancy. I'm perfectly happy with a nice slice of pizza.

We got to the pizza place and ordered before sitting down. "You're not from New York are you?" I asked, tilting my head slightly. Vic laughed lightly before shaking his head. "Is it that obvious?" He replied and I nodded my head in response. "I don't know, its just you speak differently than the people here. Oh and also you don't fold your pizza." I tried to explain, making him laugh.

His voice had a certain feel to it, a texture? I can't explain it, but its smooth but rough at the same time, unlike anything I have ever heard before. I loved it. "I'm from California originally." Vic explained, taking a sip of his soda. "My dad sent me here with the family business to open a branch actually." He finished. "Well you answered my second question." I sighed smiling at him before taking a bite of my pizza.

"What about you? Have you always lived here?" Vic asked, staring directly into my eyes. "Oh um no actually, I'm originally from Michigan. I moved here four years ago the second I turned eighteen. I needed to get away from my horrible family and go somewhere actually interesting. Nothing really happens in Michigan." I explained.

"So you're twenty two?" He asked, taking a sip of his soda. I nodded in response, that question made me realize how little we knew about each other. "I'm twenty three." He said simply. I honestly had no idea how to respond to that statement, so I decided to change the subject. "So how long have you been in New York for?" I asked, resting my chin on my hand. "I actually just settled into my apartment yesterday morning." Vic said, catching me off guard. "And your first priority was going to a night club?" I asked with a laugh.