Chapter 1 - Regret, don't forgive

He should have known that coming to class was a mistake those grim wall that stretched long and wide, cursing him to the core. It always was a mistake to come here.

"Look at little Lili, so small and frail!" A girl chuckled out as she pushed the young boy, his legs nearly losing balance while he was forced into a corner. Soon enough, the sound of heavy heels echoed through the wall, indicating that two new ladies had entered the altercation.

"Look at him, trembling like a leaf. No wonder he's an orphan, who would want such a waste of space!" The second girl yelled as she stepped closer, the sound of rocks gritting beneath her heel, cornering the poor boy even further as he trembled.

"I-I didn't mean to bother... Please, I just want to go to class." He his lips uttered softly, tears threatening to follow his words.

"Oh Lili, you never learn, do you? Your existence is a bother. We would all be better off with you dead." The taller girl said with a laughter that threw shivers down the young boy's back.

His body ached to leave, sending the message to run all throughout his nervous system, his survival instincts were begging.

"Narcia, please let me go to class... I can't be late again." He whined before her, tardiness was already affecting his grades not to mention that it infuriated his teachers, his lips could not utter further words as her hand had collided with the boy's cheek.

Terror filled the boy's eyes as he collapsed on the floor, his small being trembling as he looked up in horror. They were laughing at him, lips wide with malice, with no regard to his flaming cheek, or the tears that flowed down his face.

BEEP BEEP BEEP!

Liam jumped in his bed as the alarm echoed, slamming his hand on the retched thing. A groan left him as lifte his hand to the sweaty surface that composed his forehead, dragging it along his facial structure with annoyance. Of course, he couldn't sleep peacefully on the first day in university. That would have been too good for the oh so unlucky boy.

The day had other plans for him, he had other plans. Therefore, Liam left the little comfort he had of his bed covered in sweat, his legs falling to the side of his bed.

It was at times like these that he was reminded of how tall he had become, it did not help much in cheering him, however.

With a defeated sigh, Liam stood with a crackle of his bedframe, dragging his feet as he made his way to the bathroom. It had been two years since he last saw Narcia and her gang. She had tormented him all throughout his school life, making it hell for him, but this would be different.

He had made sure to take this university because it was outside of their hometown, far from the memories that haunted him all the way to his dreams, far from the depressive town he used to call home.

He turned to face the mirror, traces of stress was plastered on his skin, time waited for no one, it definitely had rushed on Liam.

He turned on the sink, splashing cold water on his face, trying to forget this nightmare, and refusing to let the past damage him again.

He was different now.

His green eyes looked at the face projected in the mirror. His jaw was sharp now, no longer round like it was when he was 16, he had grown by a foot and now reached 6.2 ft. No one could look at him and see the little boy he was 2 years ago. He had even worked out to get in shape, his six-pack was a proof of it.

He smiled as he looked at himself. He knew he could finally start a new life and begin to explore his dating era. He could finally explore the world with joy. No one would call him small, and no one would stop him from socializing. By no one, he meant Narcia. She had been the one controlling his life for as long as he could remember.