Chapter 8 - No longer Living

Narcia walked out of the room with a sigh. She knew she had to be patient with Liam. Her bullying wouldn't be erased with one good action. Narcia lay her back against the door, tears threatening to fall from her eyes as she closed them. Her inner wolf whined from being away from their sick mate.

"He will be fine. We took care of him as much as we could, Mia." She said to her wolf as she sighed and took off. It was almost time for her afternoon class to begin, so she might as well attend it to change her mind.

She walked in the class with her head low, both of her feet dragging behind her. She sat down at her usual spot, her face hidden in her arms that rested on the desk.

"See... I told you he was fine, Alpha. There was no reason for panic." Matheo said as he leaned back, frowning as he saw her. She did not look well at all. Her skin was very pale.

"He was in awful condition... Matt... He was so red, and his fever was dangerously high." She said in a small voice, her heart still aching from the sight.

"Shit! So he got worse? I swear he was okay when I left him this morning." He said as she shook her head, wet eyes puffy and red looked back at Matheo.

"He was struggling to even breathe. I barely managed to get his fever to lower... He kicked me out as soon as he regained consciousness." She said as Matheo sighed and gently put his hand on her shoulder.

"Look, I don't know what happened between you two. But I can tell that Liam is a nice guy... But you clearly hurt him, give him time to heal." Matheo said, causing her to sob into her arms. Having her mate so far hurt her a lot. Despite everything she had done against him, her love never stopped growing for Liam, no matter how much she tried to hate him.

She looked up when the scent of her mate hit her nose. Weirdly enough, her eyes seemed to be foggy. Matheo looked behind to see she was finally awake and smiled.

"You've been out for a while. Did you sleep well?" He asked as she groaned and shook her head. The scent came around again and reminded her why she woke up to begin with.

"Liam is here." She said as she stood up and bowed to the confused teacher before rushing out of the classroom, Matheo quickly mimicking her actions and following hot on her heals.

"I thought you said he was somewhat okay now. Why are we running!?" He asked as she stopped in her tracks, Matheo rammed into her back, causing them both to fall onto the ground.

"The smell... It's gone, I can smell he was here, but... It stops. Where did he go..." She said as she followed the smell backward, walking down the hall and making it all the way to the university gate. Her eyes grew wide as she covered her mouth in realization.

"He was taken... WHO TOOK HIM!?" She screamed as Matheo shrunk a bit in fear, his head twisting around as he tried to identify the second smell that was attached to Liam's.

His eyes widened with realization, quicjly grabbing his Alpha's arm and as his body trembled with rage. How could he let this happen? He knew this guy was dangerous, yet he left Liam alone. He was regretting it now.

"I know who took him." He said angrily, causing Narcia to growl. She could tell from the look on Matheo's face that he knew more than he seemed to let on. She brought him close to her face and glared into his eyes.

"Tell me everything." He comanded in her alpha voice, causing him to gulp and nod. He was ready for the rage she would lay on him afterward.

"Liam made this... Friend. Their name is Devan. I could tell he liked Liam, I wasn't sure why. He's shifter..." Matheo said as her claws grew, slowly inching closer to Matheo's throat.