Chapter 21 - Razor like teeth

Narcia sighed before knocking on the door. She hated coming here, and that woman always scared her. She knocked again, almost regreting it instantly. The door opened to a dirty looking, dread haired woman. She had light chocolate skin with scars covering every corner of it. One of her eyes was even white with a huge gash across it.

"Ah, Garcia! How have you been, my child?" The woman asked, making Narcia grimace a bit.

"It's Narcia, Daugthela. I am doing as well as I can." Narcia said with a nervous chuckle, Tammy gently waving to the woman.

"Ah, there's my pretty niece! I missed you so much, Tamtam. Why don't you ever visit your aunty? Hmmm??" She said, rushing over to Tammy and squeezing her cheeks.

"I don't come because you do freeky life reads on me!" Tammy said before her aunt rolled her eyes.

"I just want you to find your mate soon. Oh sweetie, you have no idea how wonderful it is to have one..." Her aunt trailed off, tears threatening to escape her eyes. Tammy's father had passed only a year ago, and the cause of his death was still unknown. Tammy sighed because she knew her mate had passed along her father, both had been found severely mutilated by some animal, they just didn't know what shifter had done it.

"Daugth, we came here because there's been a disappearance at school. It was one of Silviano's pack members." Narcia said before hearing the click of the older woman's tongue.

"That prick probably got into something he shouldn't have." Daugthela said with a huff, knowing the abuse this alpha had put Narcia through.

"As much as I would like to believe some guy got back at him... It would seem it's far worse. He started putting up missing posters..." Narcia said before Daugthela sighed and walked inside with the girls, sitting them both down. She walked over to her computer and typed through what seemed to be some sort of site.

"Mmh, yes. It would seem he isn't the only one missing a member. There's a jaguar pack in Kingsville that has posted 2 missing members. That town is only 40 minutes from your university, is it not?" Daugthela said, seeing her slowly pale. Narcia couldn't help but fear for her mate's safety.

"This can't be a coincidence. Is there any corolation with the missing people?" Tammy asked her aunt, making her type a little more before inspecting the documents that showed on her screen.

"Seems like all 3 missing shifters are boys, all are in the 6ft range. But aside from that, I do not see a corolation with anything else. I do see that on their social profiles, they were all single, but that'snot uncommonwith boys this age." She said before Narcia bit her lip, Liam fitted the description too well if not for the part about him being human.

"So, the person taking these shifters like tall men in their early years of adulthood and single? This sounds too broad still... Anything else about them, Aunty?" Tammy asked as her aunt started to dig deeper into the files. Narcia jumped when her phone started ringing, frowning as she saw the number being private. She picked it up and sighed when she heard the voice on the other side.

"Alpha... How is the investigation going?" Matheo asked a bit slurred as music blasted in the background.

"Please tell me you are not at Silviano's party."

"Ehh... I am..?" He said as Narcia sighed before her eyes widened.

"Is Liam with you!?"

"Nah, he didn't want drama." Matheo said in an annoyed tone, causing Narcia to sigh in relief and smile.

"Clearly, he knew better than you. Anyway, the investigation is going okay, but we don't have much info yet." She said as she heard a sigh before some voices echoed, and Matheo responded.