Chapter 28 - Good things can happen?

Author: I am attempting a new writing style. Tell me your thoughts in the comments down below! If it goes well, I will write the chapters in this manner from now on.

-

She dragged her fingers along the walls, small debris fell as her skin rubbed off the material, no signs indicated that the wall had a secret passage, there was no draft, no leveling difference, nothing.

"It seems it's a dead end for this wall, too." Narcia yelled across the grand, dusty room. Her voice carried along the walls and bounced around the boxes and books. It echoed perfectly to Liam's ear, only pushing down a shiver in his back.

It was quite the setback for him, hearing it again and again throughout this godforsaken maze, echoes upon echoes of negative response.

Narcia hadn't elaborated enough on how this place was, twisting and stretching more and more down the line, corridors that never ended, or even dead ends where you would not expect it.

"I need a break, this too much." Liam replied back to her, his voice faintly husky from the exhaustion, back to back walking between rows had cause his back to grow sore and his feet to warm up, even his hands were begining to tingle from the constant rubbing against cement.

"Alright, I have water. Let's meet in the middle and take a break." She sympathized out, knowing her legs couldn't take much more of this either, the constant use of her muscle was not something she was used to, not in this manner at least.

On top of that, the hour was late.

"This is ridiculous! I knew this place looked big when we came in, but it's like a maze, there's corridors, rooms... I think I even saw a trap door down in the east side. Man... I can't even see the entrance door anymore." Liam groaned out, grasping onto the bottle with a firm grip, his patience was at a breaking point.

Narcia completely understood his frustration, rounds around this area was nightmarish, it did used to be a torture room back in the days where prisoners would be put in the room with the hope of an exit, the door would be bolted and they would be left to their own despair.

"Let's just rest, it's clear we aren't getting out until morning. I need that document tomorrow anyway so I will deal with it in the morning." She grumbled under her breath as she passed her hands like a brush through her hair, a thing she had grown up doing when anxious, anyone would be stressed in this situation to be fair.

...

Hours had already scampered away through the night, they had no idea what to do anymore as sleep refused to join them, no position was comfortable enough to allow slumber to overtake them.

"Battery low." Liam's phone echoed in the room, the flashlight dimming in an attempt to salvage as much battery as it could.

"How much does your phone have left?" Narcia asked as Liam grabbed his phone, fingers trembling a bit as he lifted the device, turning it so the screen faced him.

"10 percent left... That won't last more than an hour with the flashlight on." Liam declared, Narcia clicking her tongue in annoyance, the fear of being stuck in the dark for hours now slowly creaping in.

They had so little time now, light was going to fade eventually, and there was nothing Narcia could do to protect her mate from his fear of the dark.

"Is it me... Or it's getting colder too?" She whispered, bringing her trembling hands along her arms, the friction bringing some sense back to her skin.

Liam glanced over, eyes scanning every inch of her small figure, he could tell that despite being very slim, Narcia had wonderful curvature.

"I'm not cold, it might be just you." Liam said as he scooted closer, gently taking a hold of her arm, his eyes widening as he felt the difference in body temperature.