Chapter 25 - Unspeakable

Devan blinked as he watched the wolf run off in the fasted way he had ever seen. He lifted his finger up to tell him to wait, but the boy had already exited the house. He walked out of the room, grabbing the book that had fallen to the floor. He gently dusted it, looking into the hall where Matheo had left.

"Maybe I was a bit quick at admitting my interest. That or I made a wrong judgment, and he is straight." He said to himself, walking slowly towards the living room before an angry little wolf appeared before him, grasping his collar to pull him down to her height.

"What the fuck did you do!?" She growled out, making Devan sigh and roll his eyes. He tightly grasped Narcia's wrist and yanked it off himself, giving her a glare.

"Listen, I will be honest with you, I don't like you. I don't plan on being nice to you either since you don't seem to want to do the same. I care about your little human mate and that wolf who just ran out. So I'm here for that, not you." Devan said as he crossed his arms. He stood pretty tall next to her. She clearly didn't like the way he spoke to her by the expression that formed on her face.

"Listen, you disgusting monster. I don't trust you at all, I bet you're just fooling Matheo into fucking stabbing us in the back. I swear to god, if you hurt either Matheo or Liam, I will destroy you." She said while standing her ground, teeth showed proudly to him.

"I don't intend to betray, little wolf." He said calmly, making her eye twitch.

"Just know, I will be on your case for anything I see wrong."

"Okay enough, Narcia. Just get your ass back here. You're about to miss the whole plot twist of the movie at this point." Liam yelled from the couch, giving a nod towards the door as he looked at Devan. This made him smile and nod back in gratitude before making his way to the door as Narcia walked over to the sofa she had sat at before. Devan walked out and took a deep breath, trying to catch the wolf's scent. It didn't take long for him to catch a wiff of him and make his way towards it.

"You run fast when embarrassed." Devan said, making Matheo flinch a bit, nearly losing his balance off the stone fence before turning his head to look at Devan.

"I'm just... It was too much for me to process." Matheo said as he looked at the river down bellow.

"It's not like I was confessing my love or anything. I was just saying that I like you, mate." Devan said, making Matheo chuckle a bit.

"Yeah, I kinda figured. I just never really get hot guys to like me." He said before Devan snorted, making him pout.

"You think I'm hot!?" Devan asked in between laughters as Matheo crossed his arms.

"Look, just because you're literally rotting from the inside doesn't mean your outside isn't attractive." Matheo said with puffy cheeks, making Devan smirk.

"So, in your eyes. What does hot entail?"

"Well, you have sexy shoulders, you're tall as hell, you have such a nice figure, your golden light brown eyes mixed with your black semi curly hair is just ugh!"

"So just my physics?"

"I thought you meant like physically, you didn't ask about how you are... I don't really know you yet anyway."

"Relax, Matheo. I was just teasing you. I did mean physically." Devan said with a few chuckles, making Matheo growl in annoyance.

"You're a real pain in the ass, you know that?" Matheo said, but Devan didn't even seem fazed by the comment.

"Don't worry about your ass, I am very gentle." Devan said before Matheo slapped his arm, making Devan raise his arms in defeat.

"So, do you know of any witches that could read this?" Devan asked as Matheo rubbed his forehead.