2

𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝘽𝙚𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚..
_______________
𝘈𝘬𝘪𝘭 𝘊𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘴

The beeping of the reversing moving truck was heard while the snow white pearl Kia Sorento parallel parked ahead of the smoke gray stacked quadplex. The small wood picket fence surrounds the green and manicured lawn.

Getting out the driver side after the passing truck, the black Nike 270 Air Max's touched the pavement and pivots over to shut the door. The hot glowing sun shines on her suede, ebony brown skin-tone. Her round v-neck top and straight leg jeans with raw hems was clothing her pear body build. Her hair was natural and in a back bun.

She walked her five-foot-five stature on the concrete sidewalk when the passenger door of her Kia shut and her gaze falls on the full figured woman with a cappuccino skin-tone. She dressed fabulous and fierce in her black off-the-shoulder top with the waist-defining tie belt and ankle-gazing jeans. The wine color soaring block heel booties steps on the sidewalk as well while she sips from the OnCue slurpee.

"Now listen; I'm not here to move nothin. This heat already fucking up my slick ponytail."

Akil chuckled lightly at her sister's comment. "Surprised that thick shit laid down."

"Yeah, me too. Thank your thick-haired-ass Mama." Akil's sister, Maleah, remarks. "You on the first or second floor?"

"Second."

"Yeah, definitely not moving anything." Maleah states, "Let me go instruct. Baby wit the locs fine."

Smiling and shaking her head at her flirtatious sister going over to chat with one of the movers she hired, Akil push forward along the walkway towards the painted porch steps. "Come on, Maleah! I'm in upstairs in unit C, guys."

The movers nodded as Maleah went around to join her sister on the walkway. "Why you cock-blockin?"

"Do that after they move in my stuff." Akil said as she approached the red painted door with the address number vertically on it. She led her sister five years younger than her to the second floor to the red door to her left with the other unit D across from hers separated by a window that looked out into the front.

"At least you gotta door that lead you out to the back parking." Maleah pointed, "You met who live in the rest of them units?"

Akil pushes open the door to her spacious living room open to the dining area and kitchen. "Downstairs on the right with the wreath on the door is a older lady. Across from her, some young couple and they kid and across the hall, a single mother."

"Look at you; somebody that don't like kids and surround by em."

"I like kids, as long as I don't have them." Akil states as the movers came in carrying the piece of her sectional. "Anything y'all bring in, just sit it in here."

The movers nods understandingly, placing the piece of the sectional down and went to get more stuff.

"This a nice size for you." Maleah comments after taking a full look around the two-bedroom apartment. "What you need a second room for? Me?"

Akil mocked her grin. "Absolutely not. I have a lot of shoes."

"Mhm." Maleah lifted her full figure on the breakfast counter, placing her slurpee cup beside her. "You happy bout moving back?"

"I'm here to assist on a case. Not to be happy or get comfortable."

"Why not?" Maleah questioned. "I mean, it's not OKC, but at least you're closer to home than Houston. If you not here for comfort, what you call the furniture? You making it homey."