11

𝘈𝘬𝘪𝘭
_______________

"𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦'𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘤𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦."

      The woman holding with sueded, light brown skin and a short twist-out was seated across the table in a forest green short sleeve with a TG in all cap letters across the chest and small cursive Transitioning Gove in the middle. Akil was making her first undercover move at the old building that used to be occupied with Starr Gove Alternative's staff and students and now held the staff and participants of the program a Young brother himself started and for two months it's been going smoothly.

      Akil was seated with her blow-out, shoulder length ponytail with wispy curtain bangs. To place herself full into the role, it was necessary for her to alter ego that embodies feminine energy. The long sleeve top with a mock neckline hugged her top half like second skin tucked in her beige wide-leg pleat polished pants. Her left leg was resting over right one with her back straight and shoulders squared. Her earlobes held small Gold hoop earrings.

      "But I gotta ask.." Transitioning Gove's manager continues, "I know a lot of programs kinda like this one in OKC. Why come two hours away?"

      "There are programs in OKC, but not like this one. A program where the police department is assisting the education of underprivileged kids would never be done where I'm from. When I read about Transitioning Gove online it was a no-brainer to join. I wanted to be apart of something different. Something life changing. Here will give me that."

      It was politically correct answer and an answer that moved the manager. "Well, you don't have to convince me anymore. Welcome to the team."

      Akil stands along with the manager, shaking her hand. "More than appreciative to be here, Betty."

      "Of course." A door shutting had Betty looking out the door and notice a couple employees walking in along with the founder of Transitioning Gove. "Oh, lemme introduce you to one of the founders. Warren!"

      Akil smirked inwardly, pivoting on her MARC FISHER LTD Anette ankle strap pumps to follow Betty out to lay a closer eye on the Young brother. They approached Warren as he wore his uniform that fit him nicely. "We havin Teriyaki Chicken for the kids tonight," his deep voice told TG's manager before laying his eyes on Akil, "Who this?"

      "TG's new-hired TA." Betty told the police uniformed founder.

      "Hope. Monroe Hope."

      Warren looked the ebony beauty, feeling a sense of familiarity in her amber brown eyes. "Have we.. met before?"

      Aside from the run in at the brunch spot, no. "Hmm, I don't believe so. But we have now. Nice meeting you, Mr. Warren."

      Warren chuckled softly, shaking her small hand with strong eye contact. "It's just Warren; no formalities."

      "Okay, Warren." Akil smiles halfway, releasing his hand.

      "Glad you apart of the TG team. I gotta get back to work." Warren said, getting one last look at Akil trying to figure out where he seen her before leaving the building.

      "He's just one of the founders. The other one is Steven Shepard." Betty enlightens Akil, "Come on; I'll show you around and get your shirts like the one I'm wearing. You'll get a Polo, regular T-shirt, and sweatshirt."

Akil nods, walking alongside with Betty and showed her the kitchen, classrooms by grade, art room, and supplies closet. The two end back up place that used to be the admin office during the final show around. "That's pretty much the end of the TG tour. The other side belongs to the sports teams since it's close to the field. The new school's bouta mile away."