23

𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐋
_______________

       𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄.

      Akil crawled outta the bed, moving softly to prevent from waking Edi and Luke that slept on each sides of the bed away from each other. Akil reached down, picking up her clothes, putting them on with her hoodie and sweat shorts, leaving her panties and top in hand. She tiptoed out, descending down to the bottom level and collecting her keys and phone. She tapped the screen, realizing it was completely dead. She slips on her slides and left out.

      The letting loose night was a new experience, one Akil enjoyed. But it was just another night and another fuck.

      Akil much rather partake in impersonal sex—no connection, no sleeping over—just getting her rocks off from safe penetration. Back in Houston, one-night-stands were her thing. Get it done and leave, acting as if it never happened. Akil was good at that.

      Emotions create hurt, and that's a place Akil rather not end up.

      No part of Akil wondered if Edi or Luke could do the same as her because honestly she didn't car.

      Ten minutes and Akil was home, entering the quadplex building and into her apartment. She plugged her phone onto the charger at the wall table beside the front door and went for the shower. Just as the shower cut on, her phone turned on and several of notifications from Shona Mills—texts and calls.

      Akil's shower was a lengthy one, walking in her robe after to the kitchen and opened the refrigerator. She pulled out the Ocean Spray Cranberry Apple, unscrewing the top, lifting the bottle to her lips, and drinking out the bottle. Her amber brown gaze looks over to her phone across the room and a feeling yearned her over to it. She sat the bottle on the counter, walking barefoot to the table. She picked up her real phone, tapping the screen, and it lights up showing several missed calls and texts from Shona.

      𝙎𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚'𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙚. 𝘾𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙨. Shona's text reads, making Akil call her, even hours later.

      "Hello?" Shona answers in a normal manner.

      "Sorry I missed your calls. You said someone was following you?"

      "After I left Sheryl's house I noticed a vehicle behind me like three minutes later when I was tryna find a place for us to meetup. It was taking every turn with me, and I drove them around and purposely got myself pulled over and they drove away."

      "Good thinking," Akil enters her room, placing her phone on speaker and tossing it on the bed, "Where are you?"

      "Extended Stay. The one off of I-35."

      "Okay, I'm coming to you."

      "Alright, room 205."

      They hang up, and Akil clothes her frame quickly into a Nike Sportswear Tech Fleece Windrunner and Levi's 314 Straight jeans. She slips on her shoes before retrieving her service weapon, badge, and phone and heading out.

Akil reached the Extended Stay America, heading up to the floor and room Shona occupied. Not knowing if this could possibly be a setup for sure, Akil placed a hand on her gun as the other hand knocked. She overheard footsteps, getting in defense, until the door opens and Shona comes to view. Alone, and a .22 in her hand.