5

𝙋𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝘿𝙖𝙮..
_______________
𝘈𝘬𝘪𝘭

"𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙈𝙀𝙉𝙏" 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 of the narcotics detective while running on a treadmill. Her ADIDAS running shoes kissed, maintaining a fast pace on the steep incline. She was in her workout attire with her full head of long hair wrapped in a back bun.

The tempo of the song kept Akil running, looking forward and keeping her breathing in sync with her speed. Approaching the door of the work out room was the Dominican-American guy with sun-kissed tan skin and jet black thick hair in a smooth man-bun. He grew in a scruffy beard, leaving the neck and cheeks line kept untrimmed.

He clothes his fit and six-foot-even build in a earth-tone sports jacket over a casual button-down shirt and Levi's Original Fit jeans in standard blue denim. He wore his Gove City PD on the left of his solid brown leather belt with a square dull buckle and on the right was a black holster for his Browning Hi-Power.

Akil was unaware of his presence entering the workout room, until he entered her peripheral line of vision. Reaching to the button that slows the treadmill, she came to a slow jog before the belt stops completely and she stood on it, pausing her music that interrupts the conscious rapper mid-verse.

"Luke Morales," Akil reveals the identity of the hunk smiling on side of the treadmill. "You tend to interrupt my workouts a lot."

"My apologies." Luke smiled, placing a hand on his chest to emphasize the sorrow. "Lieutenant's on the way. Just thought you wanted to get dressed. Well, shower first of course."

"Alright, I'll be down."

Luke leaves her to it as Akil steps off the treadmill and going to the locker-shower room down the hall. A shower was cutting off as she walked in, going over to the locker assigned to her and opened it. Putting her cell and earbuds inside the locker space, she was coming out her Adidas running shoes once the muscular fellow with skin the color of dark coffee turned the corner to the lockers with a towel around his waist; water droplets still dripping down his chiseled 6-pack abs.

"Have a good workout?"

Coming out her ankle socks, the rich voice pulls her eyes to the half naked man to her left. He had tamed, bushy brows above his light orbs and button-nose. The clean shave he had fit him-with most not being able to pull it off-and a buzz cut and bald fade. He was Nigerian-American and Gove City native, Edi Okonedo.

"Got interrupted; but good." Akil turns away, placing her shoes and socks in the locker. "Lieutenants on the way."

Edi went on to his locker as Akil retrieves her items to shower and walked to the shower pod area. She undressed and stepped in to wash off her body. Akil was lathering her body with soap when Edi walked over to the long sink mirror counter in front of the curtain closed shower pods to moisturize his face and Akil smelling his cologne.

"You must gotta date after this," Akil announced over the shower water.

Edi chuckles, hearing her while he rubbed in the face moisturizer. "Why you say that?" he asked.

"Ya cologne." Akil told him, rinsing off her body. "What's that?"

"It's my body wash. That's that Old Spice baby!"

"Old Spice coming up, ain't they?" She cut off the shower and wrapped the towel around her body before pushing the curtain open. "Eyes."

Edi shut his eyes at her command. "Yes ma'am."