17

𝐀𝐤𝐢𝐥
_______________

"𝘎𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵! 𝘠'𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦."

Akil walks away from her door, making Edi and Luke lean in in their casual clothes, watching her stroll down the hallway in her small tee and shorts. They take it as a invite in and followed Akil to her bedroom. The bedroom was like the male Detective's expected—a dark with rich hues and layers of texture. Moody, masculine, and yet sexy.

The room gives a nod to the Midcentury with black focal walls echoing the rug shade. Her sister that have an eye for design expertly had embodied a traditional 1960's pattern. There's touched of brass on the lamps, nightstands, and lighting adds drama to the space. Hung above the queen-sized bed neatly made was three black and white canvas that were a sitting body-scape of a sensual nude female and the middle one is what held the men's attention.

"Is that—"

"Two men?" Edi finishes for Luke.

Akil looked to the middle black and white bodyscape canvas with a woman between two men. "And a woman. That's not why I called y'all back here."

"Well, you're more freaky than I thought, Detective. I like." Luke winked as Edi chuckles, "What you got?"

"I'm going to that DRACO Nightclub tonight. See if I catch Esmeralda Aguirre there. Nice top and jeans or dress?"

Luke and Edi looked over the outfits at the foot of the bed. "Dress and heels," Edi chooses, "DRACO is known for the clubgoers dressing their best or they can't get in the door. Women normally in dresses with heels."

"Got it. Now wait out."

Luke and Edi gives her privacy. Dressing in the black bandage V bar corset midaxi dress, Akil left the back unzipped while she styled her natural tresses in a low bun and side swept bangs. She accessorized with a simple pair of silver stud earrings that match silver Giuseppe Zanotti sandals. She picked up the MINI RACHEL shoulder bag off her bed and struts to the front room with Edi and Luke waiting.

Just as Akil made it there, Luke was walking her kitchen once he helped himself to a small bag of chips. The men paused, taking in her feminine appeal that they don't get to witness often. The way the dress allowed Luke and Edi to see every curve that was hidden under her normal boy-ish attire.

"Zip me up?"

Snapping out of his daze, Edi registered Akil was standing in front of him with her smooth back out. Outta respect the Nigerian American shook off every thought in his mind and assisted her zipping her dress. She thanks him, rubbing her hands down her dress. "Alright, boys, how do I look?"

"Very... sexy." Luke speaks bluntly.

"Well, thank you." Akil winks, "I've got my burner iPhone. My real one has been in the dresser and actually has been all day. I'll check it once I get back. If it rings just let it. Aren't y'all staying here?"

"Think it's best that we follow you. Just in case.. Esmeralda may still be in contact with DeVor Johnson."

      "Well then, let's go."

𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘤 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 DRACO Nightclub, Akil at the bar nursing a martini, keeping it feminine, while training her eyes on the drug dealer's girlfriend partying with friends.

Akil analyzed everything that Esmeralda had going. The popping expensive bottles, all of them rocking designer, and the VIP section they occupied that was over $200, all with being unemployed. That alone told her that Esmeralda still deals with DeVor Johnson. But the constant "fuck niggas" Esmeralda repeated also told Akil they were still on the outs.