𝟶𝟶𝟽

•••

𝚂𝚘 𝙸'𝚖 𝚍𝚊𝚢𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚗'.
𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚢 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚕𝚖 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚜.

•••

Her words kept lingering back to play in your head like a broken record. "I only said those so that my brother wouldn't beat up his ass." "What really happened was that he just waited for me to wake up and immediately left! How rude!"

In the end, what she said to her brother was all made up for a good cost. You should have known that Isagi Yorumi was always one to put others first before herself, maybe she cared for Itoshi's reputation or she didn't want her sibling to get into a fight.

Her meek lie shouldn't have negative drawbacks. Only to you, perhaps.

For some reason, you felt relieved by what you just heard-without even realizing it. It's like the jealousy in your chest slowly faded.

Were you happy that someone finally treated Isagi Yorumi like she was nothing special? You were not sure of what you thought of the fine girl. But one thing's for sure now, not everyone thinks she's the main character.

Of course you thought of this, you're no saint nor a worshiper.

Everyone feels jealous at some point. May it be due to other people's good fortune or circumstances. Jealousy is inevitable to all. There are those who feel jealousy and show it through envy, there are those who feel jealousy alone but do not show it.

As to you, you are the latter.

Maybe if you were in a different social level, you would have deliberately shown it. But truth be told, you're not really one to show how you're feeling to others.

And maybe this was your strong suit. Nobody really knows what's going on in your mind, you were almost as impassive as the God of impassiveness, Itoshi Sae, himself.

And there are times where you wondered what could have happened, for him to be the way he is. What did the world do to him that despite him having many people around him, he still shuts them off and act like he doesn't acknowledge them.

You thought he was blessed. He had the talent, the looks, the smarts, the wealth, and the fame. He cannot be compared to you who only has an average life, though, your life is close to being described an outcast to society.

So you really don't get why he's so unappreciative of his very way of living. People would die to be him, including his very own brother.

Speaking of his brother...

"Why are you going to the football field again?" A certain short haired female asked, tailing behind you as you walked along the tapered walls that led you to a partially enclosed area.

"Umbrella." You briefly said and showed the item you were holding. After that, you continued to gaze up front, thinking about the scene that happened yesterday.

"You know... After what happened with Itoshi-san.. You seemed quite bothered." Yorumi spoke as if she read your mind in an instant.

'Does she have telepathy or something?' It baffles you how she tends to guess what's on your mind. Were you really that easy to read? But it seems to be that only she knows what you're thinking about.

To deny her statement you shook your head, although, you were well aware she knew this wasn't the case.

"You know, you can always tell me if what he did or had said bothers you. I will surely lecture him in front of his teammates." She gave you a reassuring smile.