𝟶𝟶𝟶

•••

𝙸𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎.

•••

Your eyes remained on the big Telly as it displayed clips of a particular male's face over and over again as if the cameraman knew he was the fan's favourite.

And you couldn't help but think about the tragic past you experienced.

How long has it been?

... It was now roughly five years later.

There were a lot of things that you learned while living in Spain. Being away from Japan made it easier for you to forget about the past, the only problem was... He was all over the place.

From billboards to magazines, from your daily news to the local advertisement whenever you watch a video.

Who would have known he also came back to Spain shortly after you departed from Japan? However, thank heavens that you haven't met him face-to-face yet.

If you did, maybe you would have combusted right then and there.

Ever since he joined Real Madrid and became a professional soccer player, the country of Spain went wild for him. Taking pride in his achievements as he won against the toughest soccer leagues.

They couldn't get enough of him—unlike you, who wished that for once, people would stop talking about him. Which was an inconceivable request given that he was the centre of their society.

Buzz!

Buzz!

Buzz!

Your phone chimed in chorus as it vibrated in your pocket, curiosity got the best of you as you thought about whom the call might be from since it was already midnight.

You unlocked your phone and read the caller ID, it was your college friend, Salvador Dianne.

"Dianne! It's been so long." You greeted the female on the phone. You no longer use Japanese formalities like adding san or kun at the end of people's names since after five years in Spain, you had already adapted to their traditions and practices.

Although, it doesn't mean you have completely forgotten about Japanese culture.

The female chuckled on the other line. "How are you, Y/n?" She asked while you answered with a simple 'doing good', resulting in her humming in response.

"I called because the head of our managing team asked me to recruit and I want to ask if you're willing since we graduated in the same department." The girl with jet-black hair said on the other line.

"What are you recruiting for?" You were hesitant to ask because you knew that she was one of the managers for the soccer club, Real Madrid. Ironic, isn't it?

"We need assistant managers since the World Cup is soon approaching and the managing team is really busy right now. They don't need to work full-time, we just need people to replace us whenever we cannot accommodate our players."

"I know that you already have a job as a coach but I can't think of anyone else to recruit that is more suitable than you."

You thought for a while about the offer. "How much is the pay?"

"A minimum of four thousand euros per month—"

"I accept."

"Wow. That was fast."

•••

 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄 
𝙸. 𝚂𝚊𝚎 

 •••