𝟶𝟷𝟹

•••

𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚊𝚕𝚔.
𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔.

•••

Heart thumping and beating so vastly, you felt as if you were going to die from the drastic palpitations you were experiencing.

And still, you endured it and proceeded to stand there in the very familiar soccer stadium—which was where the tryouts were being held—together with a ton of other, similarly nervous, students who were willing to join.

Dragging your gaze to the side where your partner, Isagi Yorumi, is currently standing, you were not that baffled to see her worry-free expression.

Of course, why would she worry? She is guaranteed to get in with her talent and skills. Plus, the coach is very fond of her (just like how everyone is).

"Don't sweat it. We'll pass this for sure." Her attempt of motivating you did very little to none of calming you down. 'So easy for you to say.' You balled your fist to ease how you were literally shaking, sweaty palms turning cold.

A mic static was heard, gaining everyone's attention, finally. You had been standing there for god-knows-how-long that your feet were practically going numb.

The coach scanned through the paper he was holding just to double-check if there were mistakes and when he saw none, he opened his mouth to speak, "Those names who will not be mentioned, you are free to go home."

"Woah, that's harsh..." "Damn, what about the ones with potential.." "I think their going strict on this because the competition is coming up together with the sports fest." "Then they should have opened this as a club sooner." You heard the students whisper to each other, most of them spoke quite bitterly.

"Also..." The coach let out a heavy sigh. "The official number of participants in the cheerleading squad is supposed to be twenty.. But sadly, only fifteen students passed as official members. The remaining five of the twenty will be reserves just in case one of the fifteen gets injured."

"There are more than fifty of us here, how come only fifteen passed!" "What even is their criteria!?" "I swear if they only picked the gymnasts I'm going to burst." "What is the point of the tryouts anyway, most of us won't even pass?" Endless complaints were heard, echoing through the air like atoms of carbon, polluting the hopeful atmosphere with negativity.

Isagi Yorumi's brows furrowed in disgust before she began to talk, "If you're not happy with the coach's decision then go become a coach yourself, make your own rules, own squad, or whatnot. If you feel like you won't pass, then that's your fault for not believing in yourself and not doing your best."

Everyone turned quiet after what she said. As much as they wanted to vent out their frustration about the mechanics, the young female Isagi was just too honorable not to respect.

"You didn't have to do that Isagi Yorumi." The coach chuckled, amused by her extraordinary leadership. "And with that, I would like to appoint Isagi Yorumi as the first member and team captain of the squad. Congratulations."

The clapping of hands was heard by everyone. They were happy that the short-haired female became the first member. Everyone thought that she deserves it, and she does.

They were also not that surprised by the sudden notion, with her talent, skills, and personality, she was bound to pass.

"The next member of the official fifteen would be..." The announcement continued. The once polluted aura of the venue turned to joy with each member getting recognized, and each one of them was worthy of the title.