𝟶𝟷𝟽

•••

𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝.

•••

"Why did she even get picked?" 

"She must have threatened Yorumi-san or something."

"A newcomer became the new team leader? The coach must be joking."

Ever since you showed up on the field for your daily practice, some of the people there started to gather around and murmur to each other. This was inevitable, especially when you were a new face to the club and have barely even shown any potential adding to the fact that you were suddenly appointed to replace the beloved Isagi.

"Don't mind them. I know you got this." Isagi Yorumi patted your back to alleviate the anxiousness she assumed you were feeling.

You stood next to her as she sat in a wheelchair, unable to walk by herself. Despite her unfortunate situation, she was still as energetic and as lively as ever. She did not look the slightest bit upset, which surprised you.

Eyeing her from the side, the short-haired female plastered her iconic carefree grin. But... Something about her was off... 

Her smile looked unusually eerie, or maybe it was just your imagination.

Of course, you'll be concerned with the fact that she's smiling. In the short time you've known her, she never failed to show you how much she loved cheerleading, and how much she dedicated her high school days to cheerleading.

So it is really really really odd for you to see her this happy.

"You wouldn't mind it if I used you for a while, right?" 

You heard Isagi Yorumi mumble something beside you but it came out a bit incoherent to your end so you turned to her before asking, "What?" 

The latter shook her head. "Nevermind." She said lowly, she looked to be very deep in thought.

•••

"Why can't you just get this right for once!" An old woman shouted across the room. 

The short little girl stopped dancing to the music and was forced to kneel down on the wooden floor. A few drops of tears streamed down her face when the lady raised her voice.

"Grandma... I'm tired..." She cried out.

"Endure it! If you want to be a failure like your mother just say so!" The little girl quickly shook her head at this.

"Good." The woman, which seemed to be the grandmother of the little child, slowly approached her. The young Isagi yelped when she felt her hair getting pulled. 

"Listen here. If you do not pursue gymnastics, there is nowhere else for you to go. Since you are unlike your talented brother, who is actually good at sports, you should be grateful that I even let you into this family. Singing and dancing will not give you a place in the Olympics but gymnastics will. This family is run by sports and is the face of the Olympics, remember that." 

Helpless and naive, the little girl nodded her head. 

"That's my little star. Don't worry, I know you'll easily catch people's attention with that pretty face of yours. And when that time comes, I'm sure you'll love the fame."