A Bump In The Road [Chapter 5]

On the train heading to Mustafa general police station, Izuku realized something...

'I'M ONLY 14!!!!!'

Eri is looking around the train, still in Izuku's arms since they left the house. Oblivious to the teen who is sweating bullets right that second.

'Shit, shit, shit, shit!!!!'

'Wait,' Izuku thinks for a moment, when Izuku was younger, 7 or 8, his mom took him to a police station for something about him becoming an adult...
___________________________

6 Years Before

"Mom?" Young Izuku looks up, confused, at his mother. "Why are we at the station?" Izuku has never actually been inside the police station, only ever passed it when they were in the district.

"Izuku," Inko said sternly, with cold eyes and a fake smile that never reached her eyes. "Today, you're gonna become an adult." She said with, questionably, excitement. "That means you'll be able to do every a grown-up can do!"

"Wow!!" Izuku wanted to be an adult! "Does that mean I can- I can stay up past my bedtime!" He stuttered. Izuku regularly stayed up later than usual to read All Might articles on the computer, before his mum yelled at him to go to bed.

"Sure, you can even be at home by yourself or even when you're older adopt an animal!" Izuku gasped in surprise, "Can I adopt my son or daughter?!" Izuku always wanted to be a parent, one just like his wonderful mummy!!

Inko paused for a second, looking to the side, to where the receptionist was writing down Inko's appointment form. "Sure, your child." She said, clearly not as excited as her glowing son.

"Ms. Midoriya?" Said a young-looking doctor, maybe in his late 20's, wearing a white lab coat with a pen and clipboard in hand called out. Inko confirmed with a hun, grabbing Izuku's wrist, and entering the photo room where later, Izuku would get his brand new ID.

A quirkless citizen ID.

That stated that he, an 8-year-old, was an adult...

___________________________

The Present

Lots of things happened the day Izuku became an 'adult'. That was the day Inko stopped trying, stopped trying to be a mum to a quirkless loser.

Izuku was brought out of his thought when the train stopped, it was a short ride, but it seemed longer than usual. When Izuku looked at the signs when they stepped off the train, it was too late, they got off at the wrong stop.

'Well, shit.' Izuku cursed under his breath, Eri finally looking up at him with wide eyes. "Sorry Eri, we got off at the wrong stop." Izuku apologizes, looking around at the signs to see where they are. Izuku realized that they were in the shopping district where they found Eri.

Izuku also saw all the stands and café's and decided, they would stay here and wait for the next train. "Eri, are you okay to stay here and wait for the next train?"

Eri nodded, wanting to try all the sweet treats. Good thing Izuku brought his wallet with him. They checked out some stands before turning to a certain café. One that had a large window where you could see the many cats was called; 'Toe-Beans'. Izuku chuckled at the name.

'I would like some coffee right about now. I feel like if I go the police without coffee, I would shoot someone or myself.'

Eri and Izuku walked into the café and walked up to the counter. Looking at the menu, Izuku looked at the clock, it was lunchtime. "Eri, what would you like to eat?" He questioned, hoping Eri could read the menu.

She looked at the board a little longer before turning to Izuku, "Can I have a soba bowl?" Eri asked, still in a whisper voice, not used to getting to make her own decisions.

"Of course!" Izuku went up to the counter after the person in front of them finished ordering, bought two soba bowls and an hour with the cats. They were brought into a separate room with no cats to eat without getting cat hair everywhere and finished their lunches.

When they were done with their lunches, which was good, they then went to the room with all the cats. They were given wristbands that were coloured purple, to symbolize when they would leave. Izuku sat in one of the bean bags as Eri went to stare at the cat tower, she was staring intensely at this one kitten, it was fluff and was all black with big, green eyes.

As Eri was attempting to pick up the sleeping kitten, Izuku checked his phone to set a timer, gotta make sure their not late to their train. Izuku's eyes grazed the few people present in the room. An elderly couple (One lady had a cat-like quirk that gave her ears and a tail, and her wife could make little droplets of milk from her fingertips), a teenage friend group consisting of three friends (The girl of the group's cheeks glowed a different colour from smiling, one of the boys could stretch his ears into elf ears, and the last boy could take pictures with his eyes and print them through his mouth).

There was another kid there too, Izuku's age, sitting by himself practically engulfed by a cat. He had violet gravitating hair that stood up all over the place, and tired indigo eyes with deep, dark eye bags. He was staring right back at Izuku.

They had a staring contest before the purple boy sighed and blinked a couple of times before waving at him. Izuku was startled at first, staying still before snapping out of it and waving back, a small but kind smile back at the purple boy.

Izuku'a phone then went off, telling him that it was time to move his caboose to the train station. By then Eri had successfully grabbed the kitten and sat down on Izuku's lap, looking quite proud of herself.

'If I give Purple-kun my number, will he kidnap me?' Izuku debated for a second before sighing, writing his number on a sticky note from his bag, grabbing Eri and perching her on his hip and walking over to Purple-kun.

Said the purple boy looking confused as Izuku handed him the note, Eri put the small kitten on said boy's head. Izuku giggles at the cute action, "My number, just, don't kidnap me and sell me for ransom." Izuku joked, walking back towards the exit.

As Hitoshi watched Green Bean leave the cafè with the angel child in his arms, he looked down at the number written in neat bubbly letters. Maybe he give him a chance.

(Who's he kidding? He has a villain's quirk for god sacks...)

1133 Words

Thanks for reading chapter 5 (A Bump In The Road) Of 🍋; Lemon Boy;🍋!

Love Your Author Izzy!