Café Date!! Pt.2 [Chapter 10]

Eri ran about the café, petting and playing with all the acts she could want. While Izuku and Hitoshi chatted at the bean bag chairs.

"So... where do you go to school?" Izuku asked while he munched on a mochi. "Oh, well... I went to Soumei Junior High School for my first and second year, before being un-enrolled because of all the complaints about me." Hitoshi sipped his coffee, long and savoured.

"I was home-schooled before junior high, my parents didn't want me to get more 'attention' than I was already getting from strangers." Izuku listened, petting the cat that somehow appeared in his lap. "What about high school? Where are you planning on attending?" Hitoshi thought for a moment. "UA. I want to be a hero." Smiling, Izuku nodded his head.

"Reasonable. Your quirk is perfect for it. And you're pretty heroic already!" Hitoshi blushed slightly and turned to Izuku. "What do you mean by 'I have a perfect quirk', or how I'm 'heroic'?" Eri eventually got tired out, coming back to Izuku, and then laying herself down on his lap. The cat had jumped onto Hitoshi's lap a moment before. "Well, for your quirk... it's perfect for interrogations, or making villains surrender before they can attack." He smiled kindly at Hitoshi. "And you didn't push me away when I told you I was quirkless... So you're pretty heroic to me."

Hitoshi was blushing bright red on the tips of his ears, hiding his smile in the coffee mug.

"I'm aiming for UA too. But not to be a hero, maybe a quirk analyst? Or maybe..." Izuku rambled on for a moment before being snapped out of it by Hitoshi snorting. "You cute when you mumble, you know?" Hitoshi propped his elbow on his knee and rested his cheek in his hand. "Or in general..." he whispered, so only Izuku could hear.

Izuku's face lit ablaze, he fanned himself with his hand while grinning. "You do know how to flatter me!" Izuku giggled and slid his thin fingers through Eri's un-braided hair. "I call it to pay back, for flustering me with all your kind words." Hitoshi couldn't help but smile gently at Izuku, as he slowly combed Eri's hair with his fingers.

"Okay, back to you being a hero! With your string bean arms? No way." Izuku shook his head while gripping Hitoshi's bicep and flipping it around. "But, if we were to fatten up your diet, and give you some light workouts at first, you would bulk up nicely." He lifted his hand to his chin, thinking. "As you get more and more muscle, we can work up to harder workouts and diet plans. That also means, getting some sleep! If you stay up till 4 AM and wake up at 6 AM, you'll be either dead on your feet, or die of exhaustion." Hitoshi gave Izuku a betrayed look at that. But seemed to listen intently to what he was saying. "Do you just, map out everyone's entire plan to success? Because if feel like I will be jacked, and a pro hero ASAP, if I follow your instructions." Hitoshi's mouth was opened wide in awe.

'And you probably will be. Cause I'm awesome.' Izuku smirks internally. "Anyways..." He continues, his jaw closing with a *click*. "Do you have any siblings?" Hitoshi raised an eyebrow in Curiosity. "Nope, just me. My mo... Inko never bothered to have any more children after me." Izuku eyes hardened at the mention of his mother. 'If she didn't up and leave, maybe I could still call her my mother. That fucking Bitch.' Hitoshi sensed that discomfort in Izuku's posture, and went to change the subject before Izuku interrupted him. "How about you? Any little sisters or brothers at home?"

"Nope. My parents are always gone to work, so they don't have much free time during weekdays. Plus, they are too old for more children." Hitoshi joked. Izuku giggled out loud, his shoulder shaking slightly. "Woah, I couldn't imagine what would happen if they heard you say that." Histoshi groaned, talking in a sarcastic voice. "Probably makeup stay up four days straight and take away my coffee privileges."

Hitoshi and Izuku talked for another hour. As they were getting ready to leave, Izuku turned to Hitoshi. "You said your parents are at work most of the time?" Hitoshi nodded, confused. "How about... you come with us and stay for supper?" Eri, who was awake from her nap, turned to Hitoshi with a shine in her eyes, practically begging him with her kitten eyes. Hitoshi shrugged, a grin forming on his face. "I don't see why not. Lead the way."

Izuku smiled brightly while Eri silently celebrated. But before they could start walking, Eri went up to Hitoshi and raised her arms, in an upper motion. Hitoshi flushed, he'd never had a kid want him to pick them up, or like him. Izuku giggled at Hitoshi's star-struck gaze. "That means she likes you." Hitoshi placed his hands under Eri's armpits and lifted her into the air, twisting her, and putting her on his shoulders. "That good?" He asked her.

"Woah!!" Eri looked down at them in awe. "So high!!" Both Hitoshi and Izuku laughed. As they started walking, one hand was holding Eri's calf, Eri's hands lightly gripping his lavender hair, making sure she didn't fall. While his other was being held in Izuku's smaller, more delicate hand, he led the way.

"Do you like Kastudon?" He asks, interrupting the silence. "Never had it." Hitoshi shrugged his shoulders, he mostly ate things that were plain and easy to make, since his parents were barely home to cook meals. And even if they were home, it was either takeout or something simple. "WHAT?!?!" Izuku shouted, stopping abruptly, eyes wide and looking at Hitoshi like he was Kami himself. He began to drag him faster, eyes filled with determination. "No best friend of mine will miss out on the best meal in history! Right Shinso?"

Hitoshi realized that day, how beautiful Izuku was. His thick, curly green hair. His big doe eyes were the colour of emeralds. And his short stature made it look so easy to just lean his chin on top of his head.

Izuku realized how handsome Hitoshi was, his lavender, gravity-defined hair. His indigo, sleep-deprived eyes. And his intimidating, tall build, made it look like Izuku could easily rest his head on Hitoshi's shoulders.

Eri realized that not everyone but Izuku was bad. Hitoshi was nice, he carried her and played with her. And he also made Izuku happy, so, he's pretty cool in her books.

What no one knew yet, was that one day, in the future, they would become a small, happy family. Together.

1133 Words

Thanks for reading chapter 10 (  Café Date!! Pt.2 ) Of 🍋; Lemon Boy;🍋!

Love Your Author Izzy!