Keep Him Close [Chapter 21]

Being Izuku's best friend did things to Hitoshi. Things such as thinking about him almost 24/7.

'Is he doing alright?'

'Does he have all his stuff?'

'Is he being bullied or teased right now?'

Hitoshi signed angrily and glared at the clock ticking in the corner room. The class was deathly quiet, not wanting to wake the sleeping teacher.

Not a single word was uttered, fearing that the word would be their last. Aizawa sensei was no joke when it came to his naps, the dude barely got any sleep as it was.

Purple eyebrows furrowed in irritation, 'Why can't this stupid day be over with so I can go see Izuku?'

A buzz from his pocket startled Hitoshi back to reality. He pulled his phone from his pants pocket and couldn't help the smile that sneaked across his face. It was Izuku.

Green-Bean💚🥦:
-I'm so bored 😒
-Lunch is in 3 mins 😁😁 I'll come to you???

Hitoshi sighed dreamily into his hand. He loved how considerate Izuku was.

HITO-CHAN💜💜:
-Sure thing green bean ❤️

The two minutes left in class were two minutes too long. When the bell finally rang, everyone cheered and stood from their seats. The students talked amongst themselves while Hitoshi sat eagerly in his seat, keeping his eyes strictly on the door.

Aizawa sensei stood from his sleeping spot in his yellow sleeping bag, groaning in a way as if saying, 'Shut the fuck up for a second.'

Everyone went silent but kept their eyes on their teacher.

"It's lunchtime. You may go to the cafeteria located on the bottom floor and use the provided lunch cards to purchase your food-" A knock silenced Aizawa and all eyes turned to the large door.

Hitoshi couldn't contain his smile when the door timidly opened.

"Umm...S-Sorry for interrupting!"

The short green-haired teen waved his hands around with a flush on his cheeks. He stood slightly slumped with wide, innocent (as if) eyes. His frame was small, unsure. Until his eyes landed on Hitoshi.

Izuku's baby face lit up with happiness. He missed Hitoshi as much as he missed Izuku.

The taller teen stood from his seat and hurriedly walked to his friend. A purple head of hair rested on Izuku's shoulder, strong arms wrapped around the shorter teen's waist.

"That was too long," Hitoshi grumbled inaudibly to the rest of the class.

Everyone stared at the two. But a certain blond-haired boy scowled at them. His aura screamed rage, like a wild animal that's been starved and presented a fat, juicy steak.

"Deku..." A low growl made Izuku shutter. 'Shit.' While the green-eyed teen trembled in his spot, Hitoshi lifted his head, slowly turning to glare at Bakugou.

Hitoshi was tall for his age, probably under Aizawa's chin. He towered over most of his classmates, other than the three giant students, so he was plenty intimidating to the explosive blond.

Bakugou's scowl faltered slightly and Hitoshi put his arm around Izuku.

"Let's go, Zuku." while the green teenager wasn't looking, Hitoshi looked into Bakugou's eyes and smirked.

The two friends walked down the empty halls, making their way to the cafeteria. Purple eyes stayed on the back of Izuku's head for most of the walk.

"Are you scared of that blond bitch?" Hiroshi gagged at the thought of that Chihuahua of a human. Izuku looked down at his feet, not in a scared way, but as if he was thinking.

"He's scary, sure. But he is more of an annoying dick than a scary villain." The teen giggled. He lived for calling Bakugou names behind his back.

"Plus," Izuku smirked up at Hitoshi with pride.

"You are much more scary than him. When you want to be, that is."

The shorter of the two walks in front of the other. What Izuku missed was the growing smirk on Hitoshi's face.

'I'll be scarier than the strongest villain if that means protecting you.'

Students flooded the cafeteria, talking to new friends and trying to find empty spots. The purple and green-haired duo quickly ordered their lunch. U.A. gave these students ID cards to enter the school, which doubled as lunch cards to purchase meals at the school.

An empty table on the somewhat empty side of the large room is where Izuku placed his tray. Hitoshi did not think twice about whatever Izuku did and just followed him.

Both teens got seaweed soup with rice, pickled kimchi, and a boiled egg.

Neither of them got to take a bite before another tray slammed into the table. Multiple more trays followed suit.

The green-haired teen nervously looked around them. It was the majority of Hitoshi's class, who all talked amongst themselves as they sat down.

While Hitoshi, poor Hitoshi, was pissed. His eye twitched as he thought of ways to kill his entire class without getting caught, but alas, he couldn't. Not cause he can't do it, but because that would make Izuku sad.

Izuku and Hitoshi sat next to each other, watching those around them chat.

"Ummmm... Hello?" Izuku's smile was wobbly, nervous.

Mina, Kirishima, Sero, and Kaminari all turned to Izuku. Mina spoke up with a smile on her face.

"Hi!! I'm Mina! I just have to say you two were so cute this morning!" The pink-haired girl, Mina, squirmed with happiness. She was a sucker for cute boys.

"Yeah! You two were pretty manly when you didn't even care you were late! I would have pissed my pants after getting a glare from Mister Aizawa like that." Kirishima fist-bumped the air.

Everyone talked around them, Mina asking Izuku question after question.

Then the pink-skinned girl cracked a joke that made Izuku giggle. Not the best move.

She glanced over after feeling a hard glare on her face, she shivered at the blank, violet-eyed boy who openly glared at her.

Hitoshi was jealous. He had never been jealous before.

Sure he envied or wished for things he wanted, but he never was jealous of anyone. But now? He had Izuku.

His best, and only, friend. And he wanted to keep it that way.

Izuku turned to Hitoshi with a smile. He talked animatedly about someone's quirk he had seen a minute ago, Hitoshi's glare melted off his face, he couldn't be mad when talking to Izuku.
____________________________________

Lunch had ended and everyone went back to class. The two friends stayed at the door for a moment, not wanting to leave each other's sides again. But alas, they had to.

"I'll see you in a couple of hours," Izuku promised, wrapping his arms around Hitoshi's shoulders, and hugging him close.

Hitoshi in return, held Izuku close by his waist.

Both teens missed the cooing of the purple-haired boy's classmates behind them. A few pictures were snapped too.

"A few hours..." The taller teen grumbled. Too long, he thought. But, he'd do anything for his friend. Even sitting in a boring classroom with crazy teenagers who were way too loud for him.

Hitoshi's mother used to say this thing to him when he liked something. And he thinks it also applies to people, to Izuku.

'When you truly love something, you keep it close. Or else, you might lose it.'

1212 Words

Thanks for reading chapter 21 ( Keep Him Close ) Of 🍋; Lemon Boy;🍋!

Love Your Author Izzy!