That's... Unfortunate? [Chapter 7]

Izuku had slept in Eri's new room that night, humming her to sleep after staying up way past her new bedtime. He woke up with his head resting on his arms, which were on the edge of Eri's bed, and sitting with his calf bent against his thighs.

Not the most comfortable position to wake up in, but for Eri's sake he did. Izuku had woken up to rustling in the kitchen. He flinched slightly. 'SHIT!!' Izuku was panicking, his mom was home! Or there was an intruder but that was very unlikely.

Izuku stayed still, not moving a single inch. Fearing Inko would come to his room and see Eri. But after a few minutes, he started to hear... shuffling? Like someone was lugging around a bunch of suitcases or boxes?

Izuku thought for a moment. Before realizing... Inko was leaving, and probably not coming back.

The front door slammed shut, Izuku took that moment to blow out a breath he didn't even know he was holding in. He quickly turned to Eri, fearing she had woken up. Eri had only mumbled a few words in her sleep, Izuku ran a hand through her hair, speaking careful, sweet words to take her back to slumber.

Izuku stood when he knew Eri was fast asleep, and Inko was probably far from the house already. Exiting her room and walked towards the kitchen, where he last heard his mother walking around. Everything seemed in tacked and nothing was missing from there, except for a note.

Izuku gulped. He knew what would be on that letter, but still, he feared what was written on it. He took another deep breath, and picked up the letter in neat, but rushed handwriting.

___________________________

'Dear Izuku,

I can't take it anymore. I'm leaving with my new boyfriend to another city. Don't try and contact me, you'll just ruin another person's life that's not mine. He's kind and treats me right. He has a son too. But his son is not a quirkless failure like you, he has a strength quirk.

You'll probably have enough money from your father to survive but don't tell him anything. Half that money still coming to me, remember that. And if you tell him, we both lose that money.

I hope your life is decent from now on. Because I know mine will be without you in it.

From, Inko Midoriya.'

___________________________

Izuku stared blankly at the crisp white paper, with black inked written words. 'That two-faced lying skank!' Izuku was more mad than sad, barely feeling any form of sadness or destruction. Izuku ripped the note throwing it into the garbage.

'Jokes on the bitch, I make more money than her just from the commission that her job and my sperm donors bribe money combined!' Izuku breathed through his teeth, digging his nails into the palm of his hands. He didn't need this right now, and he hadn't seen her as a mother since he turned 4.

Izuku turned away from the kitchen to stride into Inko's room. The bed was still there, along with the side tables, lamps, books, bedding, and TV. But all of her clothes, jewelry, and toiletries except for a brand-new shampoo and conditioner left in the shower.

'At least I get her room to myself now.' Izuku giggled bitterly, before changing the sheets on the bed with ones from the hallway closet, covering the bed in fluffy through-on blankets that were also in the closet. 'Like, how stupid is she??? These blankets are so soft!!!'

As Izuku was making his new bed, he didn't notice how his door opened a little wider with a screech from the hinges. Eri had woken from her sleep when she heard a door open and close smoking from the hallway, she sat up and quickly saw that Izuku wasn't there with her anymore. So she naturally went to look for him. She found him in the other bedroom down the hall from her room.

She still was in shock, in her very own room. It was like in one moment she was living her worst nightmare and the next she was living her best life. Warm, flavour-filled foods, a big, comfortable bed, and a loving, sweet parental figure who had the name Izuku Midoriya.

As she opened the door to Izuku's room a little wider, Izuku turned and gazed at Eri for a second. Then smiling widely. "Good morning, sweetheart!" He picked her up into his arms while spinning around slowly, humming a soft tune that made Eri yawn.

"O-okay, I'm still tired thought..." Eri didn't stutter nearly as much as she did the days before. Izuku giggles again, "Then how about we go back to sleep a bit? It's still early and you stayed up way later than any child your age is supposed to!" He stated enthusiastically.

Eri nodded as Izuku laid both of them down into the large, blanket-covered bed. Izuku's back pressed into the headboard and pillows, while Eri had her head laid on a pillow that was on his lap. Eri yawned once more, her eyes began to droop, and she fell into a dreamless sleep.

Izuku ran his hands through her hair, similarly to how he did the night before, humming the same tune too.
He sat there, content to just sit in silence as the child snoozed away on his lap, snuggled up in warm blankets.

That was until his phone that was in his pocket buzzed. Izuku looked over, confused. He only had three numbers on his phone saved, Inko (she probably blocked him), his dad (He hasn't spoken to him since he was 12), and Kastuki (his childhood friend turned bully).

Izuku picked up his phone, curious as to who could be texting him at 6:47 AM. Sun barely peeking over the horizon of buildings and clouds. It was from an unknown number?

xxx-xxx-xxx:
-Hey 👋
-It Shinsou, the purple-haired boy from the café?

Oh? Izuku smiled. He feels like he and this 'Shinsou' boy will become good friends. 

1025 Words

Thanks for reading chapter 7 (  That's... Unfortunate? ) Of 🍋; Lemon Boy;🍋!

Love Your Author Izzy!