The Aftermath... [Chapter 17]

Izuku hurriedly walks down the long hallway of U.A. with a sleepy Eri in his arms.

His face was unreadable, blank with no emotion. Almost like he was on autopilot, and his conscience was somewhere else.

Could you blame him though? The exams finished 3 hours ago, where the FUCK was Hitoshi!?
____________________________________

5 Hours Ago:

It was time.

Hitoshi and Izuku were in the middle of their written exams. Both teens, while on separate sides of the building, could feel the comforting presence of each other, encouraging one another.

Izuku's predictions were correct and they allowed Eri to be with him as he did his exam. They asked a couple of questions, but with Izuku's lying and 'sad' eyes, they let them in. Eri was quiet, colouring silently in her Mama's notebook while he sped through the packets of work.

It was your standard knowledge stuff, math, health, history, blah, blah... and Izuku's overall favourite subject, quirk science.

Izuku knew so much about quirks and how they worked, he made a whole 7-page essay in his middle school years about them, and the teachers couldn't fail him. That's how skilled he was in the topic.

(It's also another way he got his classmates to leave him alone, and scare them into thinking he knew all about their quirks.)

He breezed through the rest of the questions, making sure to put his answers in good detail, and showing his work if he had to... Even though showing your work is dumb, why show the work if you have the answers?! It just wastes time!

Ahem-... Anyways-

Izuku finished his work, looked over it, and waited for the time to finish. The room they worked in was weirdly lit, the lights were dimmed and instead, each desk had a reading lamp attached to it, giving the room a dim orange colour. A smart, and effective, way to throw people off.

With dimmed light, and a calm, sleep-like setting, students are being lured to relax or be distracted by trying to keep their eyes open. He had to admit, he even had a little struggle trying to stay focused. Stupid Nedzu. That's why Ray always found a way to make things more difficult than they had to be.

Izuku pushed through it and finished the test. When he put his pencil down, he realized that no one else was done, he didn't look up, but the sounds of pencils moving on paper were still audible. He was confused, was he the first one done, he couldn't be, he'd never been the first one done with assignments.

(When Izuku was in middle school, the teachers gave him slightly longer assignments by adding more pages and equations.)

Hitoshi on the other hand, was doing the same tests but was put in a normally lit room with a bunch of dumbasses. He was one of the first people done, sitting in his chair and looking around the large room of people. These teens all looked like they were about to shit themselves, throw up, or die on the spot. Maybe all three at once. He guesses that they thought, 'I'm gonna be a hero! Who needs to know math or what the periodic table is!'

Bunch of twits if you as Hitoshi. This is a 'High school' not a 'teach your kids how to beat up bad guys school.'

The time for the practical test finished and everyone was sent off to another large auditorium. This room had a large screen with a projector, along with a college-style desk system. Everyone found a spot and sat down quietly, or, mostly quietly.

After a short while of Hitoshi wondering what Izuku would make for supper later that night, a loud shout came from the stage in front of the auditorium.