one: opposites do not attract

Delilah's POV//

For today, the school sent Year 10's to the assembly hall for the day to learn about psychic powers, I personally thought this was a joke as an actual school went to bring a psychic lady to our school, I just really couldn't understand the atmosphere or what went on in the teachers minds on how they thought of this.

The psychic lady forced us to get into partners. Knowing my friends, they'd probably head with their boyfriends; it wasn't a surprise at all, I didn't mind since us lot hung out alot but I was left with someone I loathed - Beau Sterling. He was muscular, party animal loving jock. I was surprised that he wasn't partnered up with anyone else (mainly because the desperate girls were after him and I would definitely not go for them). Ms Clarkson forced me and him to go together since she knows that I rarely do any partner work and Beau would be good for me since he's loud and blah blah blah.

Each duo had to do tests on trust and confidence, in the end me and Beau barely got anywhere. His mad ideas and my smarter ideas weren't getting us anywhere.
"Can you please do this properly? We're getting nowhere," I groaned.
"We're getting nowhere," he mimicked, "Can't you just have fun for once?" I realised everyone starting staring at us after I answered him.
"Listen here, as much as I don't like this psychic event - at least I'm doing it properly and not acting like a baboon," I snapped, the teachers scowled at us whilst the psychic lady stared at me and Beau right in the eye. The teachers decided to end the session, informing how we 'didn't show any respect towards the lady'. I don't even know why they did this, setting up a psychic event so that lady could just earn money.

Once I left school to go back home, I saw the lady riding her little tricycle home, repeating the words: "duobus contrariis PERMUTO," with a such a death glare. I tried to ignore it until Beau walked past me with the crowd of girls crowing around him as if I was swimming in the Red Sea.

I arrived home, tired from the catastrophe I caused (thanks to Beau) and fell asleep, deciding that it'd calm me down. I had enough of today already and wanted to forget about it.