seven: just a hug, big deal?

Delilah's POV//

sorry if i haven't posted in ages. :c

I began to get changed, ignoring my surroundings as other guys got changed. Honestly, the smell in the boy's gym room was foul - how could they even stand it? I wrinkled my nose, taking my top off. I looked down, abs. I wasn't surprised, Beau was an active sports player so it was pretty likely he'd have abs. I looked up and shut my eyes for a few seconds or so, adding this Nike top on. I looked around, noticing Jake was looking at me.

"You alright Beau?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answered, looking at the floor. I didn't want to do this at all but here I am, Beau Sterling - a fit, handsome guy with amazing sports skills and getting all the girls around school. Great.

"You sure? You've been looking down all day, has Verity said anything?" He said, sounding a bit concerned.

"Trust me, I'm okay." I said, giving him a weak smile then walking into the gym. So many thoughts ran into my head, I didn't want to embarrass Beau but yet here he parades around school in my body wearing clothes I wouldn't wear. Since I'm a nice person, I thought I'd try my best anyway, where did he even get the clothes from?

Mr Campbell watched glared at us as we walked in, "Right boys, we're doing football - not American football if you're wondering." He announced, chuckling at his own statements.

"Are you kidding me?" Jason mumbled, I looked at him gave him 'yes, I'm sure he is serious 100% no joke' look. I'm pretty sure Mr Campbell heard him as he shot a glare at him, making the class go silent for about 30 seconds or so.

_____

We all headed outside, ready to play non-American football. I wondered if we had to stretch but by the looks of it, the guys didn't really stretch at all. I shrugged my shoulders and wanted to see if I was sporty (obviously not). Mr Campbell split us into two teams, Kostas on mine whilst Jake and Jason were on the other team. He blew the whistle, starting the game. Kostas started with the ball and kicked it to Theo, I could hear someone call 'Beau' but obviously I didn't want to talk to them as I wanted to try my best in one of the subjects I was the worst at. Sam quickly passed me the ball, I didn't even know what to do so I slipped it in between my feet and began kicking it to Olly but some other guy caught it. They all glared at me but sorry, do they even know the situation I'm in?! A quiet nerdy girl stuck as a wild rebellious jock. No, I don't think they can relate. I gritted my teeth and carried on playing. Seeing Beau in the corner of my eye, I gave him a small wave. Wait, if he finished Art then, god no. But to my surprise, we were doing a Regional Football Tournament to practice so everyone was watching. Thank god. I intercepted the ball, kicking it to Kostas.

"Yes Beau!" Beau cheered. I smiled to myself as the game thankfully finished.

"Dude, that was sick!" Kostas said, out of breath.

"Huh, oh yeah - pfft, it was." I said, trying to sound like it was the norm but it wasn't, sure it only one goal but HELLO that was a pretty great achievement for me. Beau ran up to me, thanking how I did a good job. I gave me a small hug, I could sense Jake, Jason and Kostas looking but as well as Verity. It meant nothing - just a friend hug. I walked away, heading over to the changing rooms. I wrinkled my nose as the smell hit me.

"What was that?" Jake curiously asked.

"What was what?" I replied, taking my top off and adding my other one on.

"That hug." He said, grinning.

"It was nothing - honestly." I said, letting a groan pass through my lips.

"Sure it was." He winked, chuckling afterwards.

I left the changing rooms with Kostas, casually talking to him about the Regional Football Tournament, avoiding Verity.

"So, meeting Verity tonight?" He asked.

"I guess." I shrugged.

"Mkay, how's you and Delilah?" He asked.

"Don't even-" I snapped.

"Okay! Okay! I was only checking." Kostas replied, lightly chuckling making me smile a little.