thirteen: no hope

delilah's pov//

I entered Maths with Nathan, clicking my fingers as I walked down the aisle to seat myself next to Isla - they sat next to each other (obviously). I remember Isla saying how Beau had a pretty decent stationary kit for a jock (which is true, not going to lie). I gave her a light smile, I did miss her but she obviously wouldn't want to talk to me as Beau. She lightly smiled back, showing her teeth a little.

"You alright?" I asked, coughing a bit at the end. My bad.

"Uh- yeah, what about you?" She said, playing with her hair which meant she was nervous. Aw bless her.

"I'm good." I nodded, heading back to my work. I could tell she was still gazing at me, her eyes were looking into my hair. Did Isla have a crush on Beau? I glanced at her and lightly smiled, a little creeped out. Isla usually did this when she saw someone she liked but at me? Of course I feel invaded. After that, she carried on with her work.

----

After an 1 hour of hell, I walked out of class with Nathan, Jason and Kostas who waited beside the door for us. As we began to stride, people making way for us as we strode past and listening to Jason's cruel Chemistry lesson.

"And then she got her ruler and started pointing it at us, she wanted us to answer some sh*tty question." Jason sighed, groaning at remembering his Chemistry lesson. We let out a light chuckle.

"Dude, you got a wild teacher." Kostas stated. If you're wondering, I no longer have that Year 3 or 4 crush on him - he's got a girlfriend who was Greek like him and I'm happy for him because he deserves it. Positivity is such a lovely thing. Anyway, I doubt it if Kostas had a thing for Beau because they just seem like close friends, not a couple.

As we walked, Jonah and Beau caught my eye. Well Jonah did as he had his hand around Beau's (my) waist?! Are they a thing? Did Beau flirt with Jonah? God, please don't say I have to talk to Beau.

I glanced at Beau again, is he beginning to like Jonah? Is he know attracted to boys? I mean it's definitely not a bad thing, but I didn't see that coming. Maybe he thinks he's stuck like this forever, maybe we are. We might as well just do what we want to do. I mean there's no hope...

"Dude!" Kostas yelled, waving his hand infront of my face. I frowned a little bit and rubbed my eyes.

"Sorry man." I replied, realising Kostas was talking to Jonah and Beau. I noticed how Jonah looked at Beau. Maybe Jonah liked me but I was so oblivious, God, I'm overthinking again.

My phone let out a ding once I began walking to Chemistry with Kostas.

From: Del (Beau)
meet at mine after skwl

To: Del (Beau)
*school

From: Del (Beau)
same thing wyd

To: Del (Beau)
teaching you how to spell (:

----
sorry i haven't updated in a while, im so busy with end if year tests ughhh
also sorry if this is short, i promise to write more 😚