six: get it over and done with

Delilah's POV//

Verity dragged me into a nearby closet of the gym, I was pretty nervous on what she was going to talk about since I didn't really pay attention to Beau and Verity's relationship in the past so talking about it wouldn't make the situation better.

"What's it with you and Delilah?" She snapped, I frowned as soon as she said that.

"What do you mean?" I asked, pretty clueless towards to subject.

"You and Delilah," she said in a harsh tone, "You've been nothing but grinning at her all day." She added.

"Look - there's nothing between me and her just-" I was interrupted by her again.

"Honey, I can tell that you're nervous and when you're nervous - it makes me feel bad. I didn't mean to be harsh - I was just wondering, maybe we can talk about it after school. My house at 5," she answered, winking at me then walking off. I stood there in shock - Verity had a sweet side?

I decided to head to the gym, to meet up with Kostas and Jake.

"What was that about?" Jake whispered.

"Nothing," I replied, looking down towards the floor. I tried not to talk aloud since Mr Campbell is pretty harsh when you talk in between his sentences.

"You guys get changed, outside the field at half past - sharp," he announced, he'd always add sharp at the end of times, ALWAYS. I headed over to the changing rooms until I realised, I was getting changed but not as myself. I thought to myself that I'd have to get it over and done with whilst Beau would probably be in Art.

I got changed without saying any words, I didn't really enjoy the attention I got now and now I had to be a great player on the field. Wait, Beau was a great player? That's not surprising but I barely have any hand coordination only in Art, how the hell could I even do this football match? I shut my eyes, rubbing my eyes. I could sense Jake was looking but I decided to ignore him and head out on the pitch. 'I'd have to get it over and done with'.