Waiting at the lab, it felt really boring.
But at the same time, really exciting it felt.
Why wouldn't it be? He said me to meet me here during the recess. But where's he?

"Sorry for being really late"

I turned towards him, seeing him bring two sandwiches and two Coke.

"When did you become so mannered and polite with me? You were never such!?" I demanded.

"Huh!? Oh... Umm, nothing. It's just that I made you wait for long enough" He handed me the sandwiches.

"Whatever" Grabbing it, I went to give a great munch, but thought to wait for him, so that we can start at the same time.
He kept mingling with the coke straws, eyes down.

"What is it?" I asked.

He glanced at my hands, and looked back at the floor. I was sure he meant my hands to be empty, so I kept the food on the desk nearest.

He took my hands, squeezing and giving it warmth, the warmth I never knew I needed.

"What's it?" I looked at him, pretending to be cold but fail and be soft.

"See.. You're my really good friend. Not just good, a best friend" He said, his eyes down.

"Hmm" I agreed.

"I share you many things and that makes me free. I share you things I try to keep down which makes me feel stressed. I feel happy when you listen to those" He continued.

"Okay... "

"So..... I wanted to say the reason I and Clara started arguing recently"

"I am all ears"
He looked at me with a slight smile.

"From the recent two months, she started saying real bad things about you, even she back bitched about yo-"

"I don't give a fuck about it" I said.

"First listen to me, will you?" He groaned in irritation.

"Okay, okay" I let him proceed.

"I couldn't take it, so I sometimes turned on her, about which she said 'oH mAh gOd, you have soooo muchh for herr'. that made me really angry sometimes. What is it with her? Even if I feel something for you, what's that with HER!? She's no one to talk about it."

That 'even if' pained me, but I thought to let it pass.

"So... That makes you break up with her?"
"I realized she's toxic"
"Today?"

"Ugh, the point is, if someone says something bad about you, I am gonna punch their face or even choke them" He sighed.

I nodded, happy and proud like a small kid.

"So.... Now... What's the plan now? You're gonna be hungry the whole day or you're  gonna eat something, huh? Eat the sandwiches, the recess is almost over" I said him.

"Not only me, you also have to eat, you're not gonna stay hungry all day!"

'AWW HE CARES FOR ME, AWW MY FREAKING CUTIE'
That's what I thought now.
Anyways, we started eating.

Sure enough, no signs from him that I got today, but atleast such protective partner is what I get at the end of each day.

-------------------------------