𝟸: 𝚂𝙴𝙿𝚃𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟾 - 𝙹𝚞𝚖𝚙 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚎𝚕

_____________________________

𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟾    -
- 𝙼𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚜, 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎 -
- 𝙹𝚞𝚖𝚙 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚎𝚕  -
𝟽:𝟶𝟶 𝙰𝙼 -

           "'CAUSE IF IT isn't love, why do I feel this way? Why does she stay on... my mind!" Judy loudly sang along to the radio, her hand rhythmically tapping to the beat against the steering wheel as they cruised down the road. Danika watched from the passenger seat, her doe-eyes filled to the brim with a childlike adoration. Judy looked downright beautiful as she sang.

The cool early morning breeze was blowing through her hair, allowing for her short, loose curls to dance freely against the sky as she bobbed her head to the music. The soft top of her Jeep was pulled down, inviting in the warm rays of the sun. The light shined down on them as they carpooled to work, illuminating the bronze glow of Judy's cheekbones against her russet skin.

A soft smile stretched across Danika's face at the sight of her friend enjoying herself so early in the morning, but it slowly faded when Judy pulled into the parking lot of the Jump Street police station

This is Jump Street? Danika thought as she took in their current surroundings. She eyed the old, grungy brick building suspiciously. It certainly wasn't much to look at. The outside of the building looked long abandoned, with shabby, rain-worn wooden doors surrounded by dusty windows and discolored, deteriorating brick.

With the way Judy spoke about the place, Danika half expected to see nothing but hot young officers lounging around and goofing off like they were in some high school courtyard. But despite the parking lot being filled with cars, the only sign of life aside from Danika and Judy were the rats rummaging around in the alley.

"I promise it looks better on the inside," Judy assured her with a warm smile as she powered off the car. "How are you feeling about your first day?"

This wasn't Danika's "first" day on the force by a long shot. She graduated from the police academy in January of 1987, but she quickly learned that her path to becoming a full fledged officer didn't end there. She had to go through an additional six months of field training after graduation, and then that was followed up by a mandatory, year-long probationary period as the cherry on top.

So far, her time on the force had primarily consisted of her doing desk work. She'd only been on patrol a handful of times in the small Mississippi town she'd been staying in for the past two years. But her probationary period had ended a month ago, and Danika had decided to move back to her hometown of Metropolis. Jump Street would be her first official run as a proper field operative, as well as working undercover.