𝟻. 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚢 𝙴𝚍𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚜? (𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷) ⚠️

⚠️ TW: ᴅᴇᴘɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ/ᴅɪsᴄᴜssɪᴏɴs ғ sxᴜᴀʟ ssᴀᴜʟᴛ & ᴠɪᴏʟᴇɴᴄᴇ
_____________________________

- 𝙵𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟷𝟾, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟼 -
- 𝙼𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚜, 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎 -
- 𝚁𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚢'𝚜 𝙵𝚘𝚘𝚍 & 𝙻𝚒𝚚𝚞𝚘𝚛 -
- 𝟷𝟶:𝟺𝟼 𝙿𝙼 -

           DANIKA'S HEART WAS working overtime as the short walk toward the distracted cashier stretched on for eternity. The weight of the gun in her hand grew heavier with every step she took. She could feel the sweat pooling beneath her frizzy curls and spilling down the back of her neck. There was no way she could do this. Her anxiety grew stronger with every shallow breath, wrapping around her neck like a cobra squeezing the air from her lungs.

Her limbs turned to ice.

"Nika," Danika's head snapped up towards the sound of Dominique's voice. She was right behind her, towering over her with unwavering determination burning in her eyes. She had her back, and knowing that was enough to reignite her into action.

Danika pulled the gun.

"G-G-Give me all your money!" she stuttered, pulling the gun from beneath her jacket and unsteadily pointing it at the cashier.

That sure got his attention.

"What the hell—" the man abruptly stood, clumsily moving to reach for something beneath the counter when–

BANG!

- 𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟾 -
- 𝙼𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚜, 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎 -
- 𝙹𝚞𝚍𝚢 𝙷𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚜' 𝙰𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 -
- 𝟻:𝟹𝟺 𝙰𝙼 -

DANIKA GASPED FOR air as she bolted upright on the sofa. She was shaking, her body drenched in a cold sweat as her chest heaved up and down.

"Fuck," she swore, brushing her long dreads back from her sweaty forehead, catching the glimmer of the gold bracelet on her wrist against the blueish glow from the TV. That dream again, she thought. She let out a heavy sigh before burying her face in her shaking hands. It wasn't the first time she'd dreamed about... that night. It was always the same. The liquor store, the gun, Dominique... and then—

"Shit," she stood up from the couch, ignoring the way her legs buckled beneath her as she made her way to the kitchen. She grabbed a glass from the cupboard and poured herself some water from the fancy Brita pitcher Judy kept in the fridge. The difference between that and regular water, she'd never know. Regardless, she downed the drink and tried to wash away all the stress from her body.

She hadn't thought about that night in a long time... It had been so long since she'd had that dream, in fact, that she'd managed to convince herself that she's been getting better. But the sweat caked to her skin and the rapid beating of her heart told her otherwise. She sat the empty glass on the counter and braced herself against the kitchen sink.