𝟼. 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚢 𝙴𝚍𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚜? (𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟸)⚠️

⚠️ TW: ᴅɪsᴄᴜssɪᴏɴs ғ sxᴜᴀʟ ssᴀᴜʟᴛ, ᴅᴇᴘɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ғ ʜᴀᴛᴇ ᴄʀɪᴍᴇ & ʀᴀᴄɪᴀʟ sʟᴜʀs
_____________________________

-  𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟾   - 
-  𝙼𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚜, 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎  -
-  𝙼𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚘 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚣𝚊   - 
-  𝟿:𝟺𝟶 𝙰𝙼  -

"WOAH, HAMBURGER, WHAT happened to you?" Jimbo laughed as Tom and Booker approached the gang. The boys were at the local mall, scarfing their faces in the food court as they made fun of the people walking by. Total mall rats. Tom looked down at the rich brown coffee stain now thoroughly set into his white shirt.

"We got some Mickey D's on the way and genius here spilled his coffee on a hard left," Booker lied while Tom silently nodded his head along to the story. Tom didn't have enough time to properly clean himself up after Danika splashed coffee on him. Blowfish (the handyman) handed him a towel on the way out, but Danika's handiwork already had Tom walking around looking like a Pollock painting.

Booker had a hell of a laugh on the ride over after piecing together what had happened. It crossed Tom's mind that maybe this would be a golden opportunity to break his parter's nose, but he managed to shake off his embarrassment to focus on the case. The teens each took a turn razzing Tom for his perceived clumsiness, and Tom just sat there stone-faced, impatient, and ready to throw these losers behind bars. When the laughter died down a bit, Tom finally spoke.

"We still doing that thing tonight, or what?" He asked, taking a seat beside Jimbo. The only thing he was concerned about at the moment was making sure they still had a clean bust on these guys. He didn't know if he could stand another day of clowning around with these losers.

"Yeah," Marty confirmed excitedly. "There's this bodega over on 49th—"

"No," Jimbo interrupted, instantly shutting Marty up. "I say we hit the shower slut's house," Tom's eyebrows shot up. He looked over at Jimbo to see a sadistic smirk plastered on his face. "I know something that'll really scare that broad,"

"Oh yeah?" Booker asked, leaning in with a salacious smile of his own. "Like what?"

-/-

-  𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹, 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟾   - 
-  𝙼𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚜, 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎  -
- 𝙼𝙿𝙳: 𝙼𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕 𝙰𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝙱𝚞𝚒𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 -
-   𝟷𝟶:𝟶𝟶 𝙰𝙼  -

Danika sat in the psychiatrist's office with her hands tightly folded together in her lap. After causing a scene with Tom in the squad room a few hours earlier, Fuller had shouted for Danika to get back in his office. There was a visible anger written all over the Captain's face. The stress of the growing complications of the Westside High case was weighing heavy on him, and the conflict between his officers wasn't helping to ease his tension.

She had walked into his office fully prepared to pack her things and hit the road. Maybe even permanently. But there was a softness in the Captain's eyes that hid beneath his agitation. Instead of sending her straight home, he told Danika to head over to the medical building and talk to the department's psychiatrist. She was still told to go home after, but she preferred this to being flatout fired on her second day of work.