𝟾. 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚃𝚁𝚄𝚃𝙷 (𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝙲𝚊𝚜𝚎 #𝟷)

⚠️ TW: ᴅɪsᴄᴜssɪᴏɴs ғ sxᴜᴀʟ ssᴀᴜʟᴛ
_____________________________

- 𝚂𝚎𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺 𝟷𝟿𝟾𝟾 -
- 𝙼𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚜, 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎 -
- 𝚃𝚘𝚖 𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙰𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 -
- 𝟽:𝟹𝟶 𝙿𝙼 -

THE RAPPING OF knuckles against Tom's apartment door dragged the young officer out of the long awaited slumber he was engulfed in on his sofa. He slowly rose to his feet, letting out a groggy yawn and stretching his tired limbs as the knocking continued. When he opened the door, he couldn't believe who was waiting on the other side.

"Hey pal, how's it going?" Booker greeted. "You catch some z's?"

Oh, you've got to be kidding.

"Come to twist the knife?" Tom sniped, quickly turning on his heel and heading back inside.

"Don't worry," Booker replied, following Tom into the apartment. "I didn't come here to gloat,"

"Then what do you want?" Tom questioned, slumping back down onto the couch and silently begging for this awful day to end.

"I wanna find out what happened to Tracy Edwards, and you're the only person who knows as much about it as I do."

"You're too kind," Tom scoffed.

"Oh, believe me, it's not a compliment," Booker assured him. "I think you're a screw up, Hanson! You let your personal feelings and your own prejudice cloud your thinking! That's why this case has been a trainwreck, not because of anything me or Richards did,"

"My own prejudice?!" Tom couldn't believe that Booker had the nerve to go down that road with him. "That's rich coming from you! You're out there burning crosses and dropping the N-word like it's just another Tuesday! But I guess it's all okay because you're Internal Affairs, right, Book? You can do anything you want so long as you throw another officer under the bus!"

"You're one to talk," Booker shot back. "You burnt me, Hanson! You broke into my apartment to try to find dirt on me for raping a minor! You didn't do any real police work, you just got lucky when you figured out I was Internal Affairs,"

"I was onto you the whole time," Tom argued. "You've been acting suspicious since day one! Everything I laid out about you this morning was corroborated by someone else. I didn't come after you for no reason. I don't break the rules to set somebody up. Next time, you might wanna be a little more discreet." 

"C'mon, don't kid yourself," Booker scoffed. "You've been gunning for me more than any of those jerks we busted yesterday. So what's your damage, Hanson? Let's lay it all out on the table,"

"You're my damage," Tom sneered, not wasting a moment."Everything you do is a slap in the face to good cops. You wanna talk about police work, but all you did was act like a dumb redneck and pal around with those bigots. You didn't care about solving the bus shooting, you didn't care about the racial attacks, you didn't even care if those kids hurt Tracy! You were just here to sniff me out and say whatever you wanted without consequences. So, forgive me for not recognizing what a model citizen you are,"

"Hey, I'm glad I'm white! I make no bones about it!" Booker boasted, completely unashamed in his declaration. "But that doesn't make me some neo-nazi!"

"... You're a piece of work, Book," Hanson chuckled dryly. He stood up and made his way over to the kitchen. The fact that he was even giving this asshole the time of day was ridiculous.